Chapter 17- Part One.

I don't know how Ashley would react. I hope she understands why I hid it from her for so long. I wanted to protect her from getting hurt, after all she's my best friend. I know how she's going to react once I tell her:

1. She's going to cry at that very instant.

2. She's going to be pissed at Bryan for hiding such a huge thing.

3. She's going to be mad at me for not telling her sooner.

4. She'll go and confront Bryan.

So here I am in her room, while she waits for me to say something. 

"The weather today is pretty good right?" I ask her trying to drift away from the actual topic. 

"Yeah, the weather is great." She takes a pause, "What's going on in your mind?"

I tell her.

 Every. Single. Thing. 

Tell her right from the part where it all started. How does she react? Exactly like I said before.

"I need to go and talk to Bryan right now and ask him about everything. I know it happened way before we could start dating, but right now, I need to know his reasons for going around behind his best friend's back and hooking up with his girlfriend."She says this as she gets out of the room while taking her jacket.

I follow her outside, get in my car and drive home. 

Whatever happens next between Bryan and Ashley totally depends on how they decide to go forward with it. I know for sure that whatever they decide is for the best of both of them. 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later.

The bell rang.

That means we are officially done with our final exams and it's the beginning of our holiday break. 

I walked out of my class to see Ashley and Bryan in a heated discussion besides my locker. They had decided to take a small break from each other. I was happy that they've decided to talk now, I was positive that they'll get back together, after all they are Ashley and Bryan.

I decided to give them privacy and made my way towards the parking lot. 

Everyone were busy discussing about the famous New Year's Eve party that happens at Chase's house. Was I going to go? I don't know. 

As soon as I reached my car, I saw a sticky note stuck on the window. 

"Meet me at the coffee shop which is at the end of your street, at 7pm."

There was no name. Was this a prank? I turned around to see who must have stuck this note, there were so many people around, it could've been anyone. But then I saw Alec, he smiled. It had to be him, right? Of course it's him. 

I smiled back at him, got into my car and drove home. 

That evening

Is this like a date? Should I dress up or is it like a casual thing?

Alec has always known to be secretive. I don't know why he didn't directly ask me to meet him, maybe he's shy? But why would he ask me out on a date?

Shut up, Bethany. It is just a normal coffee. Normal hangout, just like normal friends do.

I showered and decided to wear my black jeans with a basic white tee and my denim jacket. This jacket makes me look like I've put some effort into my outfit. I need to stop overthinking and get going. 

I decided to walk towards the coffee shop since it was close-by. 

I reached the coffee shop and checked my phone to see it was 7pm. On time. 

I entered the coffee shop and I was looking around for Alec. 

Then, I saw him.

Why did I think it was Alec?

Obviously, it has to be Chase Bolton.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there!

To all the readers, who have been consistently commenting and messaging me to complete the book, well here it is. I will definitely complete it by the end of this year.

Thanks for all your support.

Do vote and comment.

Love always,

YourNerdRhea. <3