Chapter Sixteen.(Part Two)

Chapter 16 - Part Two.

A/N: Here's a picture of Noah Centineo starred as Alec Dawson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am so sorry for being late. I was caught up with Ch..some stuff." I apologised as I entered Alec's house. I completely forgot that we had decided to study together until I reached home. "It's alright, Beth. Don't worry about it. I just finished cleaning up the room anyway." He said sheepishly as he led me in to his house. 

I've never been to Alec's house before. His house was minimalist, it was cosy and homey, something that I'm not used to. "So, I was thinking we could study in the living room, it's just us anyway." He looked at me and I nodded in reply.

Alec and I were in many classes, so it was easier for us to study. I shared my notes with him whenever he missed class due to his Junior President responsibilities. Studying with him was kinda fun.

 I liked being around him. He made me laugh and the best thing is he makes me forget about all that has been happening.I don't know if it was his house making me feel like this or just being around him. I was comfortable around him, even though he is one of the popular guys; he didn't seem like a jerk. 

We were studying for a while now and we decided to take a break. I sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen and watched him whip up some cookies. I don't know why but I had the urge to ask him this, "Alec, you've never dated anyone before?"

"Not really, I've been on few dates that's all." He said as he put the batch of cookies into the oven  and turned towards me.

"Been on any dates recently?" 

"Nah. But I like this girl.." He shrugged as if it was not a big deal.

"Wait, what? Why am I hearing this now? Who is she?" 

"I'll tell you when the right time comes, Jones. I don't wanna jinx it."

I know where he's coming from, but the thought of him liking someone is weird. I mean, of course there are no issues whether he likes someone or not; but he's been so secretive with his love life. These past few months that I've gotten to know him, he is more than what meets the eye. He's smart, understandable, caring and he can even bake amazing cookies.

"You've been awfully quiet today. What's going on with you?" Alec asked as he was munching a cookie.

I didn't realise that I was staring at him and I had to answer him something quickly, but what I asked him led into a conversation that would later have me doing something that I've been avoiding.

Confrontation. 

"It's Chase, isn't it?" 

I looked at him blankly. He knew? 

"What?" 

"You like him, don't you?" 

I couldn't say anything. I know that Alec observes everything that goes around because of the way Chase acts in front of him. I didn't want to admit to liking Chase because then it would make it seem real.

"You don't have to answer that, it's okay. I'm sorry for asking."  Alec apologised. 

"Yeah, it's him. Things have been weird between us and it is complicating things between others too." I sigh.

"I have been hiding something from Ashley that would mess her up completely. It's not my place to tell her, but.." 

"You have to." Alec cut me off before I could explain.

 "Imagine if you were in her place and She's your best friend and she doesn't tell you; how would you feel, Beth?" He continued.

"I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow." I say as I rush out of his house.

He didn't stop me, because he knew what I was going to do. 

Tell Ashley Everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys!

Please like and comment what you think is going to happen next.

Thank you for all your support and motivating me to complete this book.

Love always,

YourNerdRhea <3