Chapter Ten.

"Just remember that sometimes the way you think about a person isn't the way they actually are." ~ John Green.

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten.

I was standing by my locker taking the books for the first period and I was being clumsy as hell. You may ask why? Well,It's Monday and today's the day we have to present our assignment for our Music period. By 'Present our assignment' I mean singing in front of the Junior and Senior students. It's not like I've never sung before a crowd, but I don't want to screw it up for Chase. He wrote the song and I want him to get a good grade.

"Boo!" Someone whispers in my ear. I turn around and smack his chest. "Gosh Chase! You gave me a heart attack." I breathe heavily. "Calm down, Princess. I just wanted to let you know, meet me backstage in the second period." He says. "For what?" I raise an eyebrow. "For a Quickie" He winks. I roll my eyes at his reply. "We need to practice once before we go on stage. I'll see you soon." He sends a flying kiss towards me and walks towards his class.

"Ahem! I saw that." Ash says. "Saw what?"
I laugh at her as she mimics Chase's flying kiss terribly. "I know you like him." I sigh. "It doesn't matter anyway." Ashley smiles sadly.

"Hey! Did you hear about the new student joining school tomorrow?" I shrug. "None of my concern."

*Backstage*

"You can do this Bethany. You've been singing your whole life. It's just an assignment and you won't screw it up."  I say as I pace around waiting for Chase. I suddenly crash into someone. "Watch out where you're going!" Rachel says as she fixes her top. Chase follows her as he fixes his hair. "At least I'm banging into people and not banging someone." Chase laughs loudly at my comment while Rachel gives me a dirty stare and walks away.

"Oh, Hello there Bolton. Are you done making out with whores? You missed the practice and two performances." I say. Chase looks at me, then he comes forward and holds my shoulders. "I know you're nervous. You can do it, Princess. You're Bethany Jones and you're amazing. You'll do good and I know it." He smiles.

You're Bethany Jones and you are amazing.

I smile thinking about how close these practices brought both of us together. We are comfortable around each other and even though I have strong feelings for him, I know nothing's going to happen between us. But there's the slightest of hope that maybe somewhere or someday, we might feel the way for each other.

"... singing an original. Next performance is Bethany Jones and Chase Bolton." Mrs.Walter announces. Chase and I go up on stage while the whole crowd is cheering. Mostly for Chase cause well He's Chase Bolton.

Cassidy plays the introduction of the song and Chase gives me a nod.

[A/N: Play the song.]

The day we met
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my
Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away
somehow
One step closer

I turn towards Chase and look at him while I sing this part of the song. If only he knew that I meant every word of the song I sang.

I have died every day
Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I've loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more