Nick Stokes (CSI) x Reader

"Nick. Remind me again how you convinced me to do this."

"Oh, come on. You look cute."

"I look like a wild animal. Literally." (Y/n) exclaimed tucking at the furry ears that sat on the top of her head.

The case they were working on involved people role-playing as animals. One had to go undercover and shadow the suspect. The only one that was fit to do the job was the young woman, currently dressed in tiger-printed top and shorts, a matching tail and ears. Her features showing nothing but regret and hatred. Morgan was out on a different case along with Finn and Sarah, so the only woman left was her.

"Why can't you do it? Or Greg? Anyone but me," she whined. "I bet you would look just as good in this as me, if not better."

"It's not really my style or size. Besides we need one with animal knowledge. That's you," Nick smirked, continuing; "it'll be easy. Just play along and if someone gets a little too touchy, just bite or something. I'll be right here if you need it and remember that Greg is in there as well."

"Yeah, as my 'owner', that'll help," the sarcasm dripping from her voice as she climbed out of the car.

Nick rolled down the windows and beckoned her over to his side. He held out his hand and gave her a small tracking device. She smiled at him and slipped it down in her pocket. "Turn it on if something happens and I will be there within minutes, I promise." Nick told her and she nodded.

Greg walked over to her from the other car parked behind Nick's, holding a collar and leash. (Y/n) looked wide-eyed at the objects.

"Is that really necessary?!"

"Yes, I am your owner." Greg answered, holding out the collar so she could put it on.

She turned over the tag and read the name, a ghost of a smile appearing on her lips. Greg winked at her after noticing. After putting on the collar, the two walked towards the door.

This was certainly not easy for Nick either. Not only did the victim look like (Y/n), whom he had feelings for, but she was going in there to a possible killer. If he could, he would have stopped her, but seeing as everyone agreed that she was the only one who could do this, he just couldn't stop it from happening.

When Greg and (Y/n) got inside the building, they were overwhelmed by the beauty of the interior design and furniture. Everywhere were men and women dressed as animals crawling around on all fours, rubbing up at one another. A man dressed in a suit came to welcome Greg and told him to release the tigress and let her mingle with the others. He did so and she went over to the couch and sat down, while Greg spoke to the man.

After a while a man in his late thirties sat on the beige couch beside (Y/n) and started petting her. She tensed up and looked at the man. He had light brown hair, green eyes. She also notices two small birthmarks on his right jawline. That was when she knew it was the suspect and she had to do something. She began to show interest in him.

"What is your name little kitty?" He asked, with a lustful look on his face.

He took hold of the collar and turned it to look for a name. "Nicky," he read, gazing down at the woman. "I like that."

"Where is your owner?"

She didn't respond and he took that as a good sign, so he took out a leash of his own clicked it on the collar and led her into another room in the back.

When they walked through the door (Y/n) felt a searing pain in the back of her head. She was pushed down roughly on the hardwood floor. She managed to reach down in her pocket without the man knowing and turn on the device, letting Nick know that something happened and where she was.

She was pulled by her hands until she was lying on the bed in the centre of the room and the man bound her hands to the headboard and gagged her. She struggled against him but to no avail.

"You are not like the others. They were submissive, but you, you're fighting back. I like that." he told her, a massive grin on his face.

She glared at him with the most hateful expression, the only thing he did was laugh maniacally as he pulled out a knife. Just as he was about to cut, the door was kicked down and Nick was stood, pointing his gun at the man.

"Put down the knife and step away from her," Nick growled, clicking the safety off.

As the man's attention was drawn to Nick, (Y/n) managed to get her legs free and in one swift movement, she kicked the man on the side of his head. He tumbled down on the floor and Nick ran over to the woman, while Greg went over and cuffed the unconscious man.

"Are you alright?" Nick asked, pulling off the gag and ropes.

(Y/n) sat up, breathing heavily. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."

"No problem. Wanna go grab a drink later? My treat."

"Yeah, that sounds lovely," she answered, smiling.