Inspector Sullivan (Father Brown) X Reader

(A/n) I realise that it has been months since I last updated, but I have been extremely busy. I am really sorry for that.
On another note, since Inspector Sullivan's first name isn't revealed, I've chosen to call him Tom and sergeant Goodfellow, John.
I have been obsessed with this series for a long time and I really wanted to write something, since I haven't seen anything similar.
All mistakes are mine and I don't own anything.

You had lived in Kembleford your whole life and if it weren’t for the occasional mysteries, it would be quite boring. You were twenty-five and one of Father Brown’s friends, helping him solve murders along with Sid, Lady Felicia and Mrs. McCarthy. Father Brown took you under his wings when you were a child, when you were left by St. Mary’s church.

You stood in the kitchen when you heard the door open and Father Brown walked in with a man following. You looked closely upon the man and realised that it was the inspector. His face was covered in a layer of dirt and he had a few bruises on his chin and forehead. The two men walked to the dining room and you followed close behind with a clean cloth. You sat on a stool at his right side, while Sid sat on the other side. Father Brown, Lady Felicia and Mrs. McCarthy sat around the table. While the handsome inspector explained why he was on the run, everyone listening, Sid worked on the handcuffs and you cleaned his scrapes.

When Sid was done and Sullivan had told his story, he stood up and was about to leave when everyone at the table argued that it was late and he needed rest. You managed to convince him to stay and you went to show him a room he could sleep in. When he was under the covers, he fell asleep almost instantly, but not before muttering a small thank you. As you left the room you heard a slight snoring and smiled. You went to find Sid and convinced him to let the inspector burrow some clothing, because they were mostly the same size.

-- The following morning --

You had taken it upon yourself to make breakfast, so here you were, in the kitchen once again. Sid had arrived early to drop of the clothing and sat by the small table in the kitchen with Brown to plan the days event. They both wanted your opinion and since you hadn't gotten much sleep that night, you had a few ideas. When you were done with the food, Mrs. McCarthy and Lady Felicia had arrived and you moved into the dining room once again. You were halfway up the stairs, when the man you were looking for came walking down. You stopped abruptly and almost fell backwards, but a hand caught your upper arm and you were pulled back to safety. You looked up, smiling gratefully at your saviour.

"Thank you." you exclaimed.

"You're welcome." he told you, smiling down at you.

You turned around and walked into the room, Sullivan following close behind. You sat down on your usual chair and Inspector Sullivan occupied the chair beside you. You had made a traditional breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages, baked beans and warmed your famous bread.

"This was as always a delightful meal, (Y/n). Thank you." Father Brown said when everyone was done eating. You smiled and lowered your head shyly.

When the plan was sat in motion, you stayed behind with Mrs. McCarthy. While she cleaned the dishes, you went upstairs to retrieve the inspectors dirty clothes. After washing them, you hung them up to dry.

-- Time-Skip to after the case --

You were relieved that the whole thing was over and that everyone you knew was still alive. You packed a basket with inspector Sullivan's clothing and a box of your homemade cookies. In the evening, you took the basket in one hand and left the house. One of the perks with living in such a small village, was that everyone knew where everyone lived. You made your way to Sullivan's house and greeted the people you met on your way. When you came to the house, you knocked on the door. You heard a light grumble on the other side and couldn't help but give a small chuckle. The door opened to reveal the inspector. His suit jacket and tie were removed and the three top buttons of his shirt was unbuttoned. When he saw you, he smiled and subconsciously straightened his shirt and posture.