7: Tsuna is an idiot

"R-reborn...."

Tsuna whispered in shock at the sight of the hitman, there was no amusement present upon the older's face.

"Why?..."

The hitman asked emotionlessly.

Honey orbs blinked in surprise at the random question, not quite understanding what the hitman meant.

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you were in danger?...."

Tsuna inwardly flinched at the pained tone that was laced within the hitman's words. Over the years he and Reborn had grown close, the hitman was more like a father figure that he looked up to and cared about.

The brunette's gaze lowered slowly.

"I didn't want to worry you or anyone Reborn...."

'Everyone would blame themselves for not being able to help me...'

Tsuna whispered softly as he clenched his oh so tiny fist.

"How long did you know about your flames?...."

"Since Shamal first saw me, I ordered him to stay quiet..."

The hitman nodded, the frown still hadn't left his lips.

"That explains what happened when you got kidnapped then...'

Tsuna nodded.

"Yeah, I felt so weak after I used my flame...."

The hitman lowered his fedora to shade his expression from sight.

"I won't tell anyone if you promise to tell me when your flame starts to hurt"

Honey orbs widened in surprise at the hitman's comment, he had expected him to inform everyone of his discovery.

"Okay....."

Tsuna sighed tiredly as he allowed himself to sag to the ground, Reborn knelt down beside him.

"Tsuna?...."

"It hurts...."

The brunette whispered softly as he leaned on Reborn slightly, the hitman cursed and felt the boy's forehead, it was burning hot.

"You were just fine a few seconds ago!"

Tsuna shook his head and gave Reborn a weary smile.

"I was holding it in"

The hitman let out an annoyed sigh as he scooped up the tiny brunette, he regretted giving the boy such a high pain tolerance, because when the brunette actually did complain, then that means that it was really serious.

"Dame-Tsuna, always pushing yourself too hard"

Reborn growled as he carried the brunette to the boy's room to rest.

"I thought you'd be glad that I'm no longer whining about anything and everything"

Tsuna chuckled, remembering how he used to shriek in fear at the sight of a little dog.

"I am glad, but you need to learn to rely on others more"

'I do rely on others, if nobody was around, I'd have no motivation to get better'

The brunette grimaced at how the hitman was right.

"I'm relying on you right now though"

Tsuna replied with a smile.

"Only because I listened in on your conversation dame-Tsuna, and what if it had been a spy listening instead? Your weakness would have then been quickly exploited!"

The hitman retorted, not liking what would have happened if their enemies found out.

After all, if Tsuna couldn't protect himself from a run of the mill pedophile, then he obviously wouldn't be able to protect himself from an enemy mafioso.

"I–...... You're right.... I should have been more careful of who was listening...."

The brunette sighed in defeat as they arrived at the door to his room.

'It's a good thing that only Reborn had been listening in'

"And there's one more thing that you need to know dame-Tsuna"

Reborn stated darkly as they entered the room, the door closed soundlessly behind them.

"What is it?"

"Don't EVER do what you did ever again"

The hitman growled as he tossed the brunette into the bed, the brunette blushed in embarrassment when he remembered that he had accused Reborn for being a pedophile, which had resulted in him being taken by a real pedophile.

Tsuna squeaked as he bounced and fell off of the bed, he rubbed his head gingerly as he peeked over the bed.

"Okay I'm sorry for calling you a pedophile...."

The brunette replied softly, knowing that it probably wounded the hitman's pride.

'I guess that I would have been upset if I were in his shoes as well....'

Reborn nodded in acceptance before leaving the room.

Once the hitman was gone the brunette crawled up onto the bed and let out a weary sigh, he took out one of the pills that Shamal had given him and swallowed it dry.

He could feel that his flame was becoming too much for his small body and that he needed to expel it, even if it hurt.

'Nothing could go wrong, if anything I'll just get really tired'

With that in mind, the brunette concentrated on his dying will and flinched violently at the force.

A pained gasp escaped from his lips as orange flames erupted from his forehead at a higher concentration and rate than normal.

'Too much....'

He closed one eye in pain as he grit his teeth and clenched the blankets with his hands.

'Concentrate, concentrate...'

He could feel his flame leaving him, with each second the tightness within his chest lightened considerably.

He didn't worry until he began to taste faint traces of blood in his mouth, he tried to shut off his flame but quickly found out that he couldn't. It was if he had broken the handle on a leaky faucet and couldn't fix it.

'No....'

He opened his mouth to cry for help but no sound escaped, he tried to head towards the door but he suddenly felt so weak, his vision blurred and dark spots began to cover it before he collapsed onto the ground, his flame flickered weakly before going out.

*

Reborn cursed as soon as he felt the brunette's flame from a distance, he wanted to strangle the idiot as he ran back towards the room.

He couldn't believe that Tsuna had stupidly released his flame after he had already been told of the consequences.

He froze in horror after he burst through the bedroom doors to see the small flame upon the boy's head suddenly go out.

He quickly shook away his initial horror as he ran up towards the brunette.

Me: reborn knows! Hehe I had to have him know because Tsuna needs someone to lean on he he~ wonder what'll happen next~