Chapter 11: Week's end in Konoha

"Fire Star Dragon: Artificii!"

The forest in front of me bursts in colorful explosions of white, blue, and orange fire, quickly incinerating it. Today is Sunday in my world, meaning that I've been here in the Naruto world for about two-three days. My skills have gotten considerably better in that time. Gin has helped me with the basic and firestar release of my clan mark so far, and seems to be very curious about my variant. Of course, he's a jerk of a teacher and arrogant in his own abilities, but he pushes me as a teacher, so he isn't too bad. I have learned how to control my fire to burn on what I want it to burn, meaning that things around my target won't get burned unless I wish for them to. It's quite the step up from my fire clan variant powers where everything would be burned no matter how much training I put into it.

As for the basic release training, I can now successfully make a shield of "star energy" to protect myself. I can hold it for about an hour now as long as I'm not moving, but if I am moving around a bunch, I can unfortunately only hold it for about ten minutes. I've also figured out how to move from this world back to my own, though I haven't tried it yet. According to Gin, when the silver key was recreated from it being destroyed by it's first owner, a portal opened up under a mountain, which Akatsuki happened to be hiding in, and sucked them to our world along with the key. The girl that I got the key from was given a prophecy by Gin, which he says that he doesn't remember in all of his greatness, and was to give it to the most suitable person she'd see in the next few days after she received it. Her name ass Kaki. Gin also told me something that made me grit my teeth in frustration.

Apparently, the minute that I became the silver Queen, my lifespan was shortened by three-fourths. Meaning that, if I was going to live until I was eighty, the current world average, I'll only live till I'm twenty. Currently, I'm eighteen, meaning that I most likely have less than two years left. He also said that I won't die of age either. It'll be a gruesome death. He didn't say how I'll go because he didn't know, the first silver King committed suicide before he could die of what Gin called the "Star's Curse." Though, gruesome doesn't sound so nice, and two years of life to complete my goals doesn't seem like it's going to work out well. I don't have much time, so I'm going to have to put in my all to everything that I do from now on. If I try hard enough, perhaps I'll make it in time.

"My Queen!" Gin calls out in warning.

I jump up from my spot into the air just to avoid being smashed into the ground by Sakura's powerful fist. Of course, as I start falling and am unable to change my trajectory well, Sai, the black-haired boy from Naruto's ninja team that I met in the hospital, launches Naruto, a Rasengan in hand, straight at me. Rasengan: a swirling ball of chakra that packs quite the punch and should be avoided at all costs. I gulp before activating my fire mode once more.

"Fire Star Dragon: Taiyo!"

Naruto's clothes burst into flames, distracting him enough to give me the ability to dodge his attack in midair before landing and running off towards Yamato, who was preparing a jutsu to attack me with.

"Wood Style..."

"Fire Star Dragon..."

"Binding Nest!"

"Bianco Bagliore!"

I twist as white flames burst around me and put my hand to the key around my neck as it unlatches itself and grows into a sword. I manage to dodge all of the blocks of wood that Yamato sends towards me to trap me and zip towards him, vanishing from sight as I'm moving at the speed that it takes a star's light to reach earth. I land behind the man as he turns around, predicting my move. The dust from our movements clear to let the others see the draw that we end at. I have my flaming sword at his neck while he has a kunai to mine, the only differences are that my white flames have put his pants on fire and that I have a kunai in my left hand, slightly cutting into his right one that he's holding his kunai to my throat with. If we had intended to kill each other, I could've easily jumped back a centimeter at the last moment, which would've given me enough distance to cut off his forearm and slit his throat at the same time without getting deathly cut myself. My conclusion: I win this match, though it may seem to be a tie now, and Yamato knows it too. Going along with my conclusion, Yamato jumps away and attempts to put his pants out in a panic, without even asking me to unlight them, something that I can easily do now. After a second of watching him struggle and not use a water jutsu on himself, I put out the white flames with a flick of a finger, including the ones that are enveloping me. Yamato breaths a sigh of relief as Naruto yells out in frustration at still not being able to beat me. We've gone through these battles four times a day since I arrived here, all of them ending in a tie between them and me. I'm just too good for them it seems, though my sweat hasn't been able to dry once from all of the training I've been doing.