Float

Title: Float

Author's Username: ToastedBagels

Category: Teen Fiction, Humor

Rated: PG-13

Description: Seventeen-year-old Waverly Lyons is from Vermont; she doesn’t do sun. But after her divorced parents can’t agree on who gets to have her for the summer, Waverly gets shipped off to Holden, Florida to spend a couple months with her aunt, Rachel. Her hopes for the perfect summer seem crushed. Then she meets Blake Hamilton, Rachel’s seventeen-year-old neighbor. He’s athletic, outgoing, arrogant, tan, and pretty much Waverly’s exact opposite. She's eager to avoid him at all costs, hoping to fit in with the other kids in Holden without drawing too much attention to herself. But when Blake discovers that Waverly has been hiding the rather embarrassing secret that she can’t swim, he does the unthinkable: he offers to teach her.

My Review: I love this story. Waverly doesn't get a make over or changes herself in any way to get the guy and I absolutely love that. It has slow updates but the author says she will finish it, she just has major writers block so if you do decide to read it, (which you totally should) don't bug her about updates. And trust me the wait will be totally worth it.