Mirror.

Alijah growled in annoyance. His phone was acting up again and had notified him late. The motion sensor had gone off, which meant he had to move. He was close, but he had to run to get there in time.

-

Ezra stopped. She had that feeling again. This wasn't the first time she had been here. In fact, Ezra thought she recognised it. She felt something pulling her against the grain and she broke away from the crowd, disrupting the flow as a salmon heading upstream. Ezra's senses seemed to diminish as the feeling took over. Through a station, up a flight of stairs, along a corridor and then down two more flights, along a station and into another corridor. The feeling curiously stopped with Ezra's legs, allowing her lungs to catch up. She realised she had been running, but her heart was pounding for a different reason. Something was up. She remembered. This is where she had forgotten.

Alijah appeared, breathless. He had almost been too late, but Ezra was there.

"I'm sorry." Alijah gasped.

Ezra's heart skipped a beat. She wanted to run, but her mind was whirring and her feet were still. Events came flooding back to her: the confusion, anger, the theft, and the forgetting. Except Ezra had heard on the news that the victims only forgot the past hour or two. Not everything. Not like this. And now the perpetrator was in front of her. Ezra turned and ran. She knew there was something else but she didn't remember.

"Ez!" Alijah shouted, in pursuit.

Ezra kept running, her mind on pause. But the underground population soon forced her to stop. Ezra turned, wanting to escape, but Alijah caught her eye. Then it hit her.

Alijah was her twin. Her mirror.