sixteen.

You get worried since Jungkook's not answering your calls. Since that talk yesterday, he's been avoiding you. Even though classes were over, he didn't appear to walk with you home. Pick up, Jeon Jungkook, you think, pressing call every now and then but it diverts you to voicemail every try. You sigh in defeat once realizing he won't answer. You decide to call Jimin this time. Maybe he knows where Jungkook is. Little did you know, Jimin set his phone on silent.

.

.

"Listen up, Park Jimin," Jungkook says as calmly as possible. He asked Jimin to meet him after school, since he wanted to talk.

"What is is, Jungkook?" Jimin asks confusingly. Jungkook never really talked to him. They have never been close. They don't know the reason why, either. They just never got a long.

"Stop using my best friend for your pesky decisions." the taller hisses in anger at the other male. "She's not a toy to play with."

"You know nothing." Jimin says in return, now glaring at the possibly younger.

"You're making her do stuff she doesn't even want to do and it hurts since she knows, but does it any way." Jungkook says. "She's a really nice girl, and I wish you would stop using her to get your ex back or make her jealous. She deserves to be treated better."

Jimin scoffs at his words. "Like I said, you know nothing. You don't know my sole purpose for this whole thing."

"Lay off, Jimin." Jungkook warns, clenching his fist.

"What's it to you? You're only her friend and nothing else."

"I may be her friend, but I think of her more than that. She might have rejected me in the past, she might have only thought of me as her best friend, she might have liked someone else; I still love her." Jungkook tells him with such courage, making the other male feel intimidated. He hates to admit it, but he sort of admires Jungkook for his determination and loyalty.

"I don't care about your past with her or whatever. The important thing right now, is for you to kindly leave and never bother me again." Jimin says, neglecting what the other boy has just said.

"Unlike you, at least my past with her meant something. Something I learned from. Unlike you, I respect women. Now, if anything, you, please kindly fuck off." Jungkook says in return, turning his back on him.

Jimin could only stare in shock. The next thing Jungkook knew, Jimin threw a punch to him.

.
.

"I told you to not mess with him, Jungkook!" you say almost in tears. Jimin beat up the poor Jungkook. Well, not that much, but enough for him to get a bruise on his upper lip. You take a small towel with ice and placed it on Jungkook's red lips.

The male groans in slight pain as he takes the towel from your hand. "I'm only protecting you, [Name]. Can't you see the possibilities that might happen in the end?"

"I know what I'm doing! Just let me be, okay?!" you yell, close to tears since it hurts you that the two, most loved person you know fought.

"Don't be blind, [Name]."

"I already told you, didn't I? As long as he's happy, I'm happy." you say, clenching your skin.

"Stop pretending everything's going to be okay, when it really won't be. I'm telling you, [Name], Jimin is up to no good. You're already in love with him, but he won't be there to catch you when you fall. And I'm not trying to sound cheesy, but it's the truth."

You sigh, closing your eyes. "Thank you for caring, Kookie but I can handle myself."

Once again, Jungkook feels his heart break upon hearing your words. Why do you do this, [Name]?

***
3 updates, I'm so active today. ㅋㅋ Bc I'll be busy starting next week.