forty-two.

"When are you leaving, [Name]?" Jungkook finds the courage to ask, while the two of you are sitting in a cafe. 

You almost choked on your drink, but you refrained from letting the surprise to show on your face. "So you heard."

"Well, I'm okay with it." he suddenly says, sipping on his macchiato. "When are you leaving and where?" he queries. 

"My aunt is a therapist in New Zealand, so I'm going there to seek cognitive therapy." you tell him. "I'm leaving right after graduation so when I get a job in the near future, I won't be disrupted with whatever."

"Oh, okay." Jungkook mumbles with a slight nod. "When are you coming back?" he asks another question.

You shrug. "I don't know, until I get my memories back I guess."

"Ah." is the only thing that Jungkook says before drinking his coffee, choking on the process. 

You burst out laughing, since a few substance flew out of his nostrils. You grab a tissue and lent it to him. "Here. Wipe your big nose, stupid." 

Jungkook smiles crookedly, taking the tissue and cleaning himself with it. "Kamsahamnida." You just nod as a response. "Any ways.... what about Jimin?" He knows it isn't the right time to mention the other boy, but he just wants to get things straight already. If you're leaving, he should at least know everything about you, his best friend and that no secrets should be left behind. Because when you step out of this country, it'll be a long time until you return.

"What about him?" you counter ask.

"Are you guys really over? I know I'm not in the position to ask, but-"

"Yes." you cut him off, since he might runt. "No worries, when I come back, we'll still be friends."

"Why don't you try working it out again?" Kookie suddenly blurts out without meaning to. "I-I mean... what's the point of remembering when you guys are not even together anymore? Wouldn't it just be... I don't know; pointless?" he tries to clarify, even though he's just making things worse. He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, avoiding your gaze. 

"I want to remember, not only because of him, Jungkook." it's your turn to clarify. "I'm sure I also forgot a lot of important stuff in the past, not just my relationship with Jimin. So I'm not doing this only for him, but for me and the people that I love as well." 

"Okay, sorry for asking." Jungkook apologizes with a cute pout, which you find adorable every time he does it. He looks like a baby that's about to cry. "I just want what's best for you, [Name]. Do whatever makes you happy. I'm fine with everything." 

You smile gently and leaned in to hug him, which surprised Jungkook greatly. "I'll miss you a lot, Kookie."

Jungkook heaves out a breathy sigh, embracing you back. "I'll miss you more." 

After pulling away, the both of you returned to having a normal conversation as if nothing happened. 

- - - - - - -

Jimin attends school with his usual, cool aura. Everyone fawning over him as he passes by the hallways, girls giving him gifts since graduation is about to come and they might never see him again, etc. Once receiving those items, he leaves them on a random area in the school without anyone's awareness. He enters the class and the people's attention directs to him, but he completely ignores them. Before heading to his seat though, he spares you a glance and a slight smile.

You could only stare, but quickly looked away with a sigh. I guess he's okay with me leaving now, you believe. Well that's good. You just think it escalated rather quickly, but this is what you wanted any ways. 

The subject teacher arrives in a moment, with her usual, jolly smile. "Okay! We won't take this any longer. We shall proceed with the report. Park Jimin, you may go first." she announces, sitting on her rolling stool. 

Jimin stands up from seat and walks in front of the class with the report that you wrote last month. He clears his throat, looks at everyone with a glint in his eyes, and begins to speak, "Yoreobun, annyeonghaseyo." he greets with a bow. "Today, I shall start my report that my partner [Name] Song, and I prepared over the past month. I hope you all listen." 

"We're listening." the teacher comments in, preparing the grading sheet for your work. 

Jimin nods to her and proceeds with the report, "In a matter of days, our school life or should we call it college, will be over and we'll become full adults. We'll be working our bodies out to the fullest until our last breath. There will be memories left, true. Some of them are good, while some are bad. We believe that..." Jimin pauses, causing the whole class to look at him confusingly.

"... remembering them would be a big deal. So we have to treasure our memories as much as possible, either by pictures or at least my our imaginations. What happens if we forget? It's as if everything we went through did not matter at all. It's not that we should force ourselves, but at least leave traces of the past. That alone will be enough. To end this report, we would like to congratulate everyone in advance for being able to finish college with a proud head. Thank you."

The whole class applauds after Jimin's report. Afterwards, he passes thr paper to the subject teacher and calls on the next reporter. You look at Jimin and flashed him a smile, but he just glances as if ignoring you.

You mentally sigh. Soon enough, the pain will be over.

***
Ty so much for the 10k reads! ! ; # ; Fyi, there might be a sequel for this book. Idk for sure yet, but I'll tell when it's final. (: