Chapter 5: DA

It's been a while since our conversation at Hogs Head. We are still searching for a place to do the lessons at. I was walking across the bridge when someone bumped into me. The person caught me before I fell to the ground.
"Uh, sorry, again," Harry said, frowning.
"It's okay. I am mentally invisible. Why would someone like you notice me," I laughed softly. He frowned more.
"Hey did you know Neville found a spot for us to practice at," Harry said with a fake smile.
"Nope. By the way, learn to smile," I said tapping his chin. I walked away. He ran after me.
"Um, our first practice is tonight at 10:00."
"Okay," I said softly.
I felt like something was up.
I ran my hand across the wooden railing. It was softly carved.
"So how's it going."
"Good," I sighed.
Life wasn't great. It has been better.
"Are you sure?"
"Mmmmhmmm."
"Are you sure you're sure."
"No," I shouted. I clamped my hand over my mouth. Harry looked at me with a hint of sorrow. I tried to walk away. Harry walked the other way when we met the end of the bridge. I bumped into a group of people.
Please let it be Harry and his friends.
I looked up. It wasn't.
"Watch out brat."
I glared at the Slytherins. Draco, Pansy,Crabbe and Goyle glared back. Draco snapped his fingers, "Let's teach our little brat a lesson."
Crabbe punched me in the face. I shoved him off. Goyle smacked me in the face. Umbridge walked in.
"What in the name of Merlin is going on?"
Draco pointed at me, "She attacked us. We were not doing anything."
"Detention Henderson."
I looked at the Slytherins. Then I walked off. I was a mud blood, they would do anything to kill me. Destroy me. But why? Other than a mud blood.
Suddenly I bumped into Grace.
"Are you okay?"
"No," I sobbed.
Then I told her everything. Cedric, Harry, everything. She helped me up.
*
I snuck out. I had covered my bruise with my hair overtop of it. I crept to the room of requirement and thought for a moment, a room to practice without being found. Harry waved and I walked over. They were talking about the spell that we would be learning, the jelly leg jinx. I gave them a false smile and talked to Hanna. Soon everyone came in. We set up maps and I was partnered with Cho. Great, (note sarcasm) Harry came by and smiled at one of us. Cho gazed after her so I screamed, "JELLY LEG JINX!"
She screamed and hissed. Beat that Cho. She said the spell but I dodged. That was my day. When she wasn't looking I fist bumped the air. After class she growled at me, "You were trying to make me look bad weren't you. You are nothing but a ugly jerk and you know it."
I ran off as quickly as possible. I quickly fell asleep.