The Forsaken

So this is a Zeref x Mavis reunion I came up with prior to 450. Their meeting is much different, and she doesn't die yet. I considered a way to make a chapter that works in lieu of ch 450, other than the death of course, but for my sanity's sake, lets just make this an Alternate time line.

Disclaimer: Fairy Tail does not belong to me, it belongs to Hiro Mashima

Mavis stumbled into the guild, tears flowing as she heard a high pitch cry in the back room. A baby? She thought. Then widening her eyes in realization. Yury's baby!

"It's a boy!" wiping her tears, Mavis hurriedly enters the back room, a warm feeling rising in her chest.

"He's beautiful," choked out Yuri's wife. Eyes directly on Mavis, Rita holds the baby up. "Will you please name him master?" she breathes.

After a moment of concentration, Mavis smiles, an odd feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"How about Makarov?" She asks quietly, "It was the name of a kind prince I once read about." Rita and Yury glance at one another and smile in approval.

"That's a fine name," Rita whispers warmly. Holding her hand out weakly, Rita smiles sweetly, urging the first to take hold. "Thank You...Mavis. "

Smiling brightly Mavis takes her hand, tears of joy staining the edge of her eyes at this wondrous occasion. Why should she worry about the words of the dark wizard? This was beautiful.

Feeling a bit of energy leave her, Mavis gasped as Yury's wife closed her eyes and fell back on the bed, skin pale and hand limp.

"Rita?" She asks.

"Rita?" Echoed the lightning bearer, "Rita...what's wrong?" When there was no answer Yury began to worry. "Answer me Rita." he called in desperation, and Mavis' eyes widened in terror.

"No." she whispered anxiously, body trembling as swirlingenergy filtered throughout her belly.

"Checking Rita's pulse, Warrod frowned before placing too fingers across her nose. "She's not breathing."

"What?" Called out a young medic. "That's impossible, shewas fine a minute ago!"

When you realize the preciousness of life, people around you will start to disappear".

"Ahhhh!" she cried out and Precht looked at her in shock, asomber look in his dark eyes.

"Mavis, what is it?" reaching for her slight form, he hissedas the edges of her robes burned his fingertips and she dashed outthe door.

"It's ALL my fault,"She cried tearfully, releasing a waveof golden light behind her as she ran.

Feeling a bit of pressure in his chest, Precht looked around inastonishment as many of his comrades fell back

"What's happening?"

"This pressure?" choked Warrod, falling to the ground.

"It hurts." cried Yury, tears of despair rushing down hischeeks.

"Master!" Cried the ever focused Precht, stumbling towards thedirection she had run, "MAVIS!"

Hearing Precht's desperate cries behind her, Mavis had to do allshe could not to turn back and return. She couldn't be by themanymore, she couldn't be with any of them. She would kill them.

"Waahhh!" she cried out. Why did this have to happen to her?Why did she have to leave those she loved behind. Lamenting over the cruel complexities of life, Mavis didn't notice the stump protruding from the soft earth. Tripping over the root, Mavis cried out as all the beauty around her shriveled into a nearly unrecognizable and ugly husk of what it once was.