Discovery

Hey everybody sorry for the forever update, I started this  but wasn't sure just how I'd transition to the beginning of the.end...still not quite sure, but I probably would have done better if I had gone without the proposal.  I do know the elements I want to include in it...I think. ;-p Now enjoy the long awaited chapter...or is it?

~~~

As the two tumbled on the ground, Mavis did not notice the grin on Zeref's face face as the ring he had given her lit up with a strange rune and bound them, scratching her finger in the process.

"Ah!" cried Mavis, feeling the strange sensation upon her finger. "What is that?"

"I suppose our tumble may have caused a little injury," Zeref lied. 'Now you can not leave so easily' he thought darkly. Then kissing her finger, "Do not be alarmed, you are safe." he whispered and the blonde pixie nodded her head slightly, a skeptical look on her face as the two walked along her favorite path.

From that day forward, Zeref and Mavis often spent time with one another. Neither going a day without seeing one another. Mavis herself, was asked to be more involved in decisions about the country, and many people began to wonder when the king would finally make their union official.

However, for as many people were excited about the situation,others were angry. Who was this tiny girl who waltz in one day,stealing their lords heart and acting as if she owned the place There were many attempts on her and Zeref's lives, and needless to say,many more lives were lost. It was a day like this in which everything changed. Weighed down with shame and guilt, her strong mind seemed to have lost it's clarity, as the lives she once viewed as precious, seemed to be little more than tumultuous,fragile objects that walked about a vast, open, space. Zeref had once called them pawns, lives only meant to use and be used to reach a common goal. At the time she had been shocked,wondering how anyone could view humans with such low regard. Yet as time continued, and her curse continued to strip others lives early, it was then she understood.

Humans were selfish, they craved strength, yet feared it, freedom,yet they abused it, unity, yet hated it, love, but neglected it. In the end, anything that got in the way of want they desired most was abandoned or destroyed.

If a person wanted strength, they'd fight for it, forgetting those they hurt. If they wanted freedom, they'd chase it, forgetting responsibilities or hurting those who got in the way. Unity was an illusion, dependent on the decision of every selfish person in existence. Love depended on effort, fortitude and unselfishness. If something was amiss, it would fail or stagnate. Yet if one could adapt, it would blossom. That was the truth of matters.

Quietly she pondered the life she had lived for the past 6 months,never noticing the soft rustle of cloth behind her.

"There you are Mavis," Zeref said coolly, placing his hand upon her shoulder. "I've been meaning to show you something."

"Oh?" she asked, and the cool man nodded his head before taking the hand of his lady in his own and stopping before her favorite lake.

"Do you remember the day I had given you that ring?" he asked solemnly, and the young lady immediately perked up before tightening her grip on the hand of the man beside her.

"How could I forget, it was one of the best things that happened to me since I arrived here."

Zeref could not help but smile at her enthusiasm, amazed that she could still have it after the time she had spent in his country. "Your words make me content..." he states calmly, than loosening his grip on ring, "and give me confidence" With that Zeref pulls her into a light embrace, "Do you remember what I said about the curse?"