A Day in the Life

AN:So, I've covered, Mavis and Zeref's alternatekiss, Mavis arrival in Alvarez, Invel's initialreaction, and Zeref and Mavis' reunion after herdeath. What about Mavis' reaction to her new lifein Alvarez, not to much action here, but I hope youlike! Flashback chapter Pt 1. Please enjoyit.

Mavis looked on the palace gardens with a far off look in her eyes. When she had first agreed to come to Alvarez, she had not even considered the consequences of her actions. She just knew she wanted to be rid of this curse, and if that was not possible, as Zeref had indicated,she had wanted to control it. Of course, she had never considered what things would be like as Zeref managed his royal duties either.It's not that she wasn't treated well, in fact, it was quite the opposite. As the masters "special possession," Mavis was granted everything her heart desired. From the finest gowns, to the most loyal servants, the finest tutors, to the best books, the richest foods, to the strongest protection, everything was at her fingertips. However, Mavis had little desire to take advantage of the finer things this life would provide. In fact the one thing she truly wanted, aside from a cure to the curse of course, was the one thing she didn't have...the closeness of her dear companions, not to mention, Zeref himself.

When Mavis lost the ability to be close to her dear friends, she thought her world had ended. For a short time she wandered. She could not eat, she could not sleep. Multiple times she had tried to end her life, but with little success. Then HE showed up. Though he could not cure her, he could, and would help her, so she joined him. That in itself changed everything.

Itwas a bit strange to be honest, she went from being a slave to those who claimed to have ancestral roots to the famous dark mage himself,to becoming said mage's favored companion. If he were alive, Mavis wondered just how Zeira's father would react to this particular development. Even better however, was just how the man would react if he were to meet up with Zeref. Mavis highly doubted Zeref would be too thrilled, and she had a feeling Zeira's father would pay for it severely, especially with recent events. Mavis smirked, a twinkle of joy in her crimson eyes. Since she had arrived here, there may or may not have been one or two "disappearances" of those who harassed her.

Mavis shook her head in shock. Since when did she take pleasure in the demise of her tormentors? Was that an effect of the curse? Or was ither true heart? Terrified, Mavis closed her eyes, taking deep breath's as the door behind her opened, and his awesome presence invaded her sense's. Crossing her arms in front of her chest, she smiled slightly as Zeref came up behind her and placed his hands about her shoulders.

"Dear Mavis," he whispered kindly, "Have you been here all day? I did not see you at the festival."

Today was Alvarez celebration of the dead. Many, if not all citizens were honoring their dead loved ones in the town square. It was also one ofthe days in which the citizens had free access to the emperor. Many approached him about their concerns, and he and Invel dealt with the issues accordingly. Given Zeref's tired appearance, she figured he had just returned. After all, what festival of the dead would be complete without the one person the people revered as the God of Life and Death himself.

Leaning into him, Mavis sighed.

"I was for a little, but I have not been well," she answered honestly, "With so many citizens around, I didn't think it would be wise to stay too long." Placing her hand on one of his own,"Did you just return?"

"Yes. It can be tiresome among all the excitement of the people during thisevent. On top of that, in this state of political unrest, I did not wish to put myself on display for too long, especially without my dear companion." He answered, the look he reserved only for her in his eyes.