Imagine #29 Elijah

You're human, yet he's completely intimidated by you.

"God, stop the whole crazed stalker look. It's getting noticeable", Klaus said, sitting beside Elijah at the top of the bar.

" Hopefully not as noticeable as my lunatic homicidal sadistic brother", Elijah retorted calmly. His eyes then returned to you, his glass slippy as a result of his sweeting palms.

Klaus looked at you curiously. Although you felt their stares, your head stayed on your book, your eyes reading the same word pointlessly. Klaus looked at your long straight chestnut hair, your clear complexion.

"She is beautiful", he admitted begrudgingly.

Elijah was amazed the first time he saw you. He was instantly drawn to you. His heart raced just looking at you. He felt totally out of control, and he both loved and hated it at the same time. Your cheeks flushed as their gazes didn't move. You stared up bravely, looking them in the eye.

Two incredibly handsome guys. Your eyes met the one in the suit, because he had friendly eyes. He blushed when your eyes met his, and turned away, feeling like an idiot. You smiled.

" God, it's like a schoolyard crush. Get over yourself and talk to her Elijah", Klaus said in annoyance, rolling his eyes in exasperation.

"I don't want to screw it up", he muttered, his usually calm voice frantic with nerves.

" Trust me, nervous is better than creepy ", Klaus said.

" How would you know?", Elijah said, smiling slightly. Klaus grinned.

"Talk to her", he commanded, walking out and leaving Elijah to it. Elijah closed his eyes, before taking three deep breaths and walking over to you, trying and failing to be confident. Your own breath hitched as he stood by your booth and hesitated. He opened his mouth but you cut him off.

" Please", you said, gesturing to the seat across from you. You hated meeting new people, it made you beyond nervous, but something about him made you feel trustworthy. He swallowed, sitting across from you, biting his lip. "I'm Y/N", you said shyly, holding a hand out.

Elijah reached his hand over enthusiastically, knocking over your drink in the process. It spilled all over the table, including your book. Elijah flushed.

" I'm sorry. I should just go", he said mumbling. You put your hand on his forearm to stop him.

"It's okay, it's just a drink", you said kindly, wiping it with paper towels. You smiled gently and he fell in love with you right there and then. " Let's start over. I'm Y/N", she said again, her hand out again.

"I'm Elijah", he said uncertaintly, shaking her hand. His touch electrified you, and you knew he felt the same.

" Are you sure?", you teased. He gave you a heart fluttering smile, regaining some confidence.

"Yeah. Quite sure", he assured you. Your eyes sparkled when you smiled. He wanted to keep you smiling forever.

" You come here a lot", you stated.

"Yeah. You too", he challenged her.

" I'm a creature of habit", you confessed, resting your hands on your knees. "So, when are you going to ask me out?", you asked boldly, surprising even yourself with the question. It was so unlike you, yet you felt more alive than ever. Elijah's heart nearly burst as his palms became sweaty again.

" Well, I've been trying to sum up the courage for months now ", he confessed, his head down.

" Go for it", you said gently. Elijah bit his lip.

"Can I take you out for dinner?", he asked hesitantly.

" No", you said bluntly. His face fell. "Oh God, I was kidding. I'm sorry!", you said, your hand on his as you squeezed apologetically. " Oh course I will Elijah. I mean, the question came out of nowhere", you teased. He smiled, and you felt a burst of pride at the sight.

"I'll pick you up tonight?", he asked, more confidently.

" Yeah", you nodded, smiling. Elijah leaned over the table to kiss your cheek. His lips lingered for a second, before they met your lips, just for a split second, leaving you wanting more as you watched him walking out, already falling in love with him.

A/N:Hope you liked!:) x