Imagine #51 Elijah

You have an eating disorder.

A/N:For anyone suffering from an eating disorder, I want you to know you are beautiful. And strong. And you can get through it. You will get through it. Stay strong :) x

"Hey, have you been up for long?", Elijah asked, as he kissed your cheek.

" No, only a few minutes since this one woke", you said, smiling at your six month old daughter, who had her hand locked around your finger. Elijah smiled softly at her, and while his gaze was distracted from yours, your smile dropped as you held back a yawn.

Truth was, you were up long before your daughter. You had been exercising, had showered and had gotten all made up by the time Elijah had came down. You had been getting up hours earlier than normal for weeks now. You were waking at the middle of the night to shed the baby weight you convinced yourself you were still carrying, when in reality, it was long gone. You were still a human, and the exhaustion of exerting yourself this much was truly getting to you.

"Do you want something to eat?", Elijah asked you as he tore his adoring gaze away from your daughter.

" I just ate", you told him softly.

You hadn't. You'd also been skipping meals, eating a salad here and there, if that. You didn't know how long you could keep it up.

You knew you shouldn't have been doing it, that you should have known better, but that was easier said then done. You had created this distorted body image of yourself, and instead of concentrating on your beautiful daughter and amazing husband, all you could concentrate on was loosing what was in actual fact, imaginary weight. And you didn't know how to stop.

"Are you okay? You look tired", Elijah said, a slight frown on his face as this thumb gently traced the bags under your eye.

" I'm great", you said brightly.

"Y/N-"

"I've never been better Elijah, trust me", you said gently, pecking his lips before picking Y/D/N up, your body shaking with the effort.
***
You looked at yourself in the mirror, and frowned slightly. You had been working so hard for this night out with Elijah. Yet your stomach stuck out and your legs wobbled. You were grotesque.

Elijah walked into your room and froze as he watched you frowning into the mirror. His body went rigid as he scanned you. You had been wearing baggy clothes for months, so he hadn't seen the change. But in the tight fitting dress you were wearing, he could see everything. Your stomach caving in, your prominent ribs, your tiny legs. Your sunken in eyes and cheeks. You looked so unbelievably weak, fragile, like a single breath of air would send you tumbling to the ground. He held back tears as he looked at you with a highly distressed face.

" Hey. You look great! ", you said cheerfully as you grinned at him, trying to hide your consciousness.

" Y/N, you're... How long have you been going through an eating disorder? ", he asked carefully. Your smile faded.

" What? I don't know what you're talking about", you said defensively.

"Darling, you're... You're so thin. Too thin", he said gently, as he tried to grab your hand. You pulled away roughly.

" No, I'm not. I'm not. I'm fat, and I'm ugly, and I'm not good enough for you!", you said in a high pitched voice as tears filled your eyes. You had been telling yourself this for months. Elijah's face crumpled in pain.

"Sweetheart. You are not " fat". Frankly, I wouldn't care if you were or not. Ugly? You make everything else seem ugly, because of your sheer beauty. And I'm the one that wakes up everyday thankful to have you in my life. How don't you know that?", he said, his hands grabbing your waist. He winced as he felt your bones sticking out.

"I can't...I can't stop", you whispered, tears falling evenly down your cheeks.

" How long have you been suffering with this?", he asked.

And you told him everything. Every agonising day. You nearly broke down as tears fell down his cheeks as he held your waist securely, as if he was afraid you would disappear or fall if he didn't.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't make you realise how beautiful you were. So sorry Y/N. My beautiful, sweet Y/N. I am never going to do that again. But we need you, okay? Me and Y/D/N need you. So you have to get better", he whispered, his forehead on yours lightly. Hot tears hit your cheeks.

" Help me get better. I want to get better", you told him, as you threw your arms around him, feeling hopeful for the first time in a long, long time .

A/N:Hope you liked! Comment or DM if you guys have requests! :) x