Reaping Day -- District Three Male

Drake Knowels, District One Male! Enjoy :) Jeannie and I will post a chapter later with the marks

Today was not an average day in Panem as it is Reaping Day for the games. Getting up was always a chore to me and to make matters worse I had my recurring dream from when my dad left, i don't feel like explaining it to myself again as it just brings back to many memories. My dreams and thoughts interrupted by my mother walking into my bedroom. "Get dressed its almost time to go" she yelled agitated. "Fine" I mumbled to myself. I hoped out of bed and grabbed my black shorts and my grey t-shirt with the words P.A.N.E.M on it. I laced my black sneaker type shoes up and headed out of my room. Heading towards the door my sister putting my hand on my shoulder saying "You'll be fine" I smiled obviously fake. I mean who would like to be put into a small arena with twenty three other people to fight for your life unwillingly and to make matters worse your best friend and everyone you care about could go in instead? Honestly screw that. I waved to my sister Daisy to hurry up slowly putting my foot out of the door. My sister Rebecca non eligible for the games as she is taking care of my mom and my mother Robby who is just sick, if anything was to happen to any of them i wouldn't be able to handle it. I was walking with Daisy to the main square where the Reaping was taking place until i saw my friend Kai. "Kai!" Daisy screamed running up to him whilst hugging me. I walked over to them and asked Kai "Why are you here?" Kai looked at me and said "Why can't i be?" I was confused as he lived on the opposite side of District Three to me. I glared at him, he chuckled saying "Because im picking up Sallie" I nodded and said "Well me and Daisy need to go. She takes forever with applications" Daisy hitting my arm while Kai laughed then saying "Okay then. Byee" "Byee!"
We had arrived in center square after filling in applications. I was separated from Daisy because of my gender and age. Kai walking into the group next to me him waving. The lady who does the note paper came on screen,what was her name? Eh i dont know "Welcome welcome to this years hunger games" she rambled on and on until my ear tuned her out "Well without further a due, the female tribute for this year is, Beatrice Anthony!" I sighed in relief as it wasn't Daisy. "And the male tribute is... Kai Damon" I didn't know what i was thinking because of all of a sudden i shot my hand up yelling "I volunteer as tribute" Kai looked at me and screamed "No Drake don't do th-" a peacekeeper came up to me and shoved me onto the stage in front of the justice building. Beatrice looked at me and said "Why did you do that?" a tear left my closed eye as i said "I cant lose someone i love again" i opened my eyes to see Sallie trying to push through the crowd to my sister but getting shot in her leg and hitting a artery on the way. She crumbled to the ground in tears as i yell "SALLIE!" before i got dragged into the justice building.I sat in a lonely room as i wait for visiting hours to begin. The clock chimed and my sisters Daisy and Rebecca, following behind them was Kai with a sad expression written on his face. Becca came up to me carrying Daisy. She leaped off of her and sat on my lap "Big bro, please dont leave" i started tearing up for the second time today "I will come back, i promise" i said to her. Daisy's soft blue eyes writhing with pain and her facials to cute and innocent. Kai walked up to me as Daisy left "Why?" was all he said "Why would you do that, you didn't have to do that" i stood up "I did, i dont want to lose you like i lost Fred and Clementine (Walking dead reference) and now Sallie's gone i just can't have it!" Kai's facials softened as he walked up to me, held me, then kissed me. I was in shock, well its not everyday that you straight man friend kisses you, a gay man friend? He pulled away "Im sor-" i stopped him and nodded saying "Its alright" and he smiled hugging me. It lasted for about a minute and it wasn't awkward, surprisingly.The peacekeepers smashed the door open and took Kai away leaving me in silence.