Ch. 3:Around the village

Hokage POV

It has been 5 years since the attack of the nine-tails. I looked out at my village, the peacefulness shining all of the villagers. Children laughing and adults smiling. That is what a village is.

I looked out the window to see Naruto causing trouble again. Sigh. He will not change. But I don't expect anything else for the son of the 4th. He has pride and determination to prove himself to becoming hokage. They all call him a monster, but Naruto is just a misunderstood child. But his time will come. I believe in him, as the 4th entrusted me with his care.

I sat back down in the chair to finish up paperwork. Goodness, being Hokage does have its flaws. Mountains and mountains of paperwork. There was a knock on the door.

"Enter." I said as I shuffled paperwork together. I looked up to see Kakashi and Guy enter the office. Behind them was a little girl. I couldn't see her properly as she was behind Guy's back.

"Hello Kakashi. Guy. What brings you here and who is that little girl?"

Kakashi started, "Guy and I were in the forest for our challenge and we found her in a clearing. She doesn't know how she got there." The little girl climbed down from Guy's back and came forward between Kakashi and Guy.

My eyes widened significantly. It cannot be! She looks exactly like those two. She must be about 5 now, same age as Naruto. Pale blonde hair cascaded down her back. Amber eyes glistened from the room's light. But one thing that stood out the most was the two red lines come down from her eyelid on each cheek. It has to be her! I cannot think of anyone else who would have those features. She has returned.

I abruptly stood up and walked around the desk. I stood in front of the child and knelt down to her height. She was smiling at me. She looks exactly like her.

"Child, what is your name and where did you get that necklace from?" I asked gently. "My name's Serena! This necklace? Huh, well I don't know exactly... I've always had it even since I was born!" she replied cheerfully. Her eyes held happiness and excitement from being here.

The necklace she's wearing proves it. There's only one of its kind in the whole world containing a special property that only Serena will be able to wield. I stood up and went back to the desk and sat down.

"Guy. Will you please take Serena outside and give a tour around the village while I talk to Kakashi?"

"Yes of course Hokage. Come Serena! I will take you around this youthful village and show how awesome it is!" Serena giggled and climbed upon Guy's back.

"Onward noble steed!" Serena yelled out. I chuckled. This girl has quality to her that makes others drawn to her instantly. The office door closed as they left.

"Is there something you wanted to talk about Lord Hokage?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes Kakashi. It's time I tell you who Serena really is. Come sit down, this story may take a while." Kakashi reluctantly sat down.

Serena's POV

Guy onii-san left out the door while I was on his back. It seemed a little suspicious that the old man wanted to talk to Kakashi onii-san alone. Yes I was calling these two as my brothers. I don't know why but I felt safe with them. I felt like I know they would protect me as big brothers. I bet the old man was telling nii-san something about me. Slick old man. I'll find out somehow, just wait and see.

It was probably 12pm right about now. The sun was shining high above without a cloud in sigh. A slight breeze went across my arms, making me shiver a little bit.

"So Serena, where would you like to go?" Guy asked me as we were walked in the busy streets of the market place. Hmmm I know!

"Nii-san! I'm getting hungry can we please get some Ichiraku's!?" I asked with my stomach growling constantly.