Ch. 8: Goodbye

Serena's POV

2 weeks had passed by. In that time Naruto and I had gotten close. Closer than ever. It was kind of like Yin and Yang. I knew our friendship was going to last forever.

I had also finished the basics of my training. Kakashi taught me the basics ninjutsu. Guy had taught me weight training for my age and basics of Taijutsu, since of course he was the master. Although, I was his first youthful student! That means I came before Lee! I can't wait to meet him in the future.

Surprisingly, Itachi had volunteered to teach me about Genjutsu. Well there's no surprise there. I mean he IS an Uchiha, and they specialized in Genjutsu's because of their Sharingan. He is the best teacher. Stern, but gentle. During training I called him Itachi sensei. But otherwise I still called him onii-san. I was keeping our lessons a secret. I knew he didn't tell anyone either, for example Sasuke. Only the Hokage and Kakashi knew. We had gotten pretty close. I could practically tell him everything. He would occasionally call me imouto (little sister) or little angel.

Because Serena was the only other person with wood release, the Hokage thought that she should be trained by Tenzo, or Yamato. Serena was ecstatic that she finally met him, after seeing him in Shippuden a lot. He taught her the basics of creating wood by combining the elements of earth and water. She started off with a wood clone, and eventually was able to wield it.

Every evening, I would go visit Gramps and just hang out with him and talk. I loved his company. He always had the best stories. He told me his times when he was younger and training with the 1st and 2nd Hokage. He talked about the journey and training of my parents. It was always amusing.

**Time skip**

I was running towards the Hokage's building as fast as I could, not stopping for one bit. I was training with Guy onii-san earlier and a message came by that my parents had arrived! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! This is it! But I was nervous. What if they don't accept me? No one accepted me on Earth, so will they here? Will they like me? All of these questions were running through my mind.

I quickly jogged up the steps and stood in front of the Hokage's door and knocked.

Hokage's POV

**10 mins earlier**

Tsunade and Jiraiya had finally arrived at the village. I knew Serena would be excited to meet them. They came through the front door, still looking the same as they did 5 years ago. I wish I knew what they used on their skin to make wrinkles disappear. Ahem!... anyways.

"Alright, Sarutobi-sensei... Why exactly have you called us here?" Tsunade asked getting right to the point.

"Come on old man, I was just getting started on my research. Ahem.. Uh I mean for searching for new jutsu's" Jiraiya exclaimed. I shaked my head... they never change do they.

"Alright you two, have a seat because you're going to need it." They looked at each other skeptically and finally took a seat.

"I have something important to tell you. I have kept it to myself for many years and tried to hide it. But since she has come back, you two have every right to know." Tsunade narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"What exactly are you talking about sensei?"  

"I'm talking about Serena."

Tsunade's eyes widened. "Why are you talking about her! Can't you see that we are trying to forget! Please sensei don't bring up the past now!" she yelled. I could see her getting flustered. I have brought painful memories for her, but that's about to change.

"You didn't bring us here just to talk about Serena, did you sensei. What exactly are you hiding?" Jiraiya asked with narrowed eyes.

There was a knock on the door. Ahh finally little angel had arrived. "Come In," I called out with a smile on my face. The door slowly opened and there was short Serena coming in. She looked back between Tsunade and Jiraiya in shock, but there was happiness gleaming in her eyes.