Ch. 7: Hanging out with Naruto

Serena's POV

It was about 11 am. Man I really thought it would be evening by now knowing I woke up at like 6. Anyways, I was headed towards Naruto's apartment. I arrived at his building and knocked on the door. No one answered. Ugh, stupid Naruto is probably sleeping. Groaning, I took a bobby pin and picked at his lock. The door finally opened and I stepped inside.

Omg. THE HORROR. There was ramen boxes everywhere on the floor! So many dishes in the sink. Ew. Gross! It's worse than what they showed in the very first episode of Naruto! Socks and dirty laundry littered the floor. I walked into his living room and looked around. Hmm, not bad. It was very nice size. I looked at his bedroom door on the right. I slowly creeped the door open and saw the orange knucklehead sprawled across his bed with his blue night hat on.

Awww. Naruto looked so adorable! Hmm. He's always eating ramen, I think I'll clean up a bit and cook him some nice breakfast. I gently closed his bedroom door and went back into the main hall.

"Alright. Let's do this." I muttered. I put on some gloves and went around his whole home picking up ramen boxes and labels, putting them in the trash bag. I organized all of his furniture and books. I started sweeping the floor as much as I could, remembering that I was a short 5 year old.

I pulled up a chair to the counter and climbed on top. I put the pancake mix together and whisked it. I gently poured 3 cirlces of batter and cooked them to perfection. I got maple syrup that was hiding behind the cereal. I put the cakes on the plates and the syrup on the side. I cut up some fresh apples and placed them by the pancakes. I went to the fridge and poured orange juice into a glass.

Finally happy with my breakfast and cleaning results, I went back into Naruto's room to try to wake him up.

"Naruto," I softly called out. "Oi Naru-chan!" He didn't wake up. "NARUTO UZUMAKI YOU GET YOUR BUTT UP RIGHT NOW!!" I yelled in his ear. He shot up in his bed and looked around frantically for the noise. He finally looked at me and went back to sleep.

"Come on Ser-chan. Let me sleep!" he groaned. Ser-chan? Ohh he gave me a nickname! Hehehe man I love Naruto. Duh as a brother.

"Fine then! I guess you won't get the wonderful breakfast I made you!" He finally got up and went to the bathroom to get ready. I went back outside and took a seat at the table, waiting for him. Naruto finally came out wearing a white shirt with the leaf symbol and black pants.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes, sitting at the table. I watched him, amused at the scene. "Come on Naru-chan, finish up then we can go out! Okay?" He nodded.

"Woah Ser-chan, did you make this for me?"   "Of course. Now eat up!' He nodded happily and ate his breakfast. I watched him eat with a soft smile. I knew Naruto hadn't had a home cooked meal before. But now that I was here, I will make him some everyday, well however much little ole me can make.

Once he was finished, we put our sandals on walked out the door. I had a surprise ready for Naruto today. "Come Naruto, I have a surprise for you." I grabbed his hand laughing and took him to our destination.

We finally arrived at the blue lake behind all of the training grounds. It had a small waterfall flowing down the big rocks. Greenery was surrounded everywhere. The Hokage told me about this place . I set down the basket I brought sneakily from his home. I took out a red blanket and laid on the ground. I went over to my tote bag and brought his swimming shorts.

"Here Naruto! Go change behind the tree! While I change behind the other one, Kay?" He nodded and went. I knew I already had my swim suit on so I just took of my tunic and shorts. Naruto finally came out. I grabbed his hand and ran to the lake laughing. He was laughing also.

We swam for a little while and splashed each other, playing games. Naruto got hungry after an hour of playing so we came out and sat on the blanket. I pulled out some sandwiches and a juice box and gave it to him.

It was peaceful. Naruto and I talked, joked, and just enjoyed each others company.

"Serena. Why did you want to be my friend. I am nothing but a monster. Well at least that's what people keep saying. I don't even know why!" Naruto said with a sorrow look in his eyes.

I looked at Naruto. I knew he didn't know about the nine tails and I couldn't possibly tell him either. I stood up and sat right in front of him. I grabbed his hand in mine. "Naruto," I softly said "look at me."

He looked at me straight in the eyes. His eyes looked like pools of the ocean, shining with depth and innocent. "You are my first friend Naruto. You are my best friend even though I only met you. That doesn't matter. I hang out with you because I want to! I don't care what the villagers think. You matter to me! You are like family. I will always protect you, Naruto! Always and don't you forget that. You are no monster. You are my Naru-chan and always will be okay?" He stared at me with tears in his eyes. I smiled at him and hugged ever so tightly. He hugged me back with the same strength.

After I pulled away, I went to my tote bag and pulled out small box. I brought it back and sat in front of Naruto. I opened the box and pulled out two necklaces.

"Naru-chan, these are friendship necklaces. I will give one to you and I'll wear the other one. They symbolize our friendship for each other, forever and always. Okay? I'll give you the one that has the letter 'S' on it for Serena and I'll wear the 'N' one for Naruto."

The necklaces were simple, but delicate. The pendant was shaped in a silver leaf symbolizing the village and then in blue quartz were the two letters. I gave him the 'S' one and he put it on around his neck while I put the 'N' one on.

"Thank you Ser-chan. This is the best gift. No one has ever done this for me. I'll always treasure it!" I looked back it him happily and hugged him.

We then started talking, I told him my dream of becoming a Sannin and he told me his of becoming Hokage. "I believe that you will become Hokage Naruto!"

"Really?" He asked eyes wide. "Believe it, Naru-chan!" I giggled using his phrase. He started laughing also. It was finally evening time and we both departed to our homes.

"Good night naru-chan. Have sweet dreams!" I hugged him and kissed his forehead.

"You too Ser-chan. Believe it!" He giggled and hugged back.

Third POV

What the two didn't realize was that the Hokage had been watching these two using his crystal ball for the time they spent together. He was smiling proudly at the fact the two children got along.

"I believe they will make fine shinobi one day." He muttered looking out into the night sky.

End of chapter!! Hope you liked it! ^^