Hey Boy, you know you drive me crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No! F*ck you!" smash, crash, bang. "You never loved me!" glass shatters. "Stop! Please!" "I will never love you! You're a piece of sh*t! Why did I ever marry you?" Slurred words. "I know you don't mean it, Christopher! You're just drunk again!" Hurried footsteps.  "No! Don't, please-!" silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There it goes again. The same routine, night after night after night. It kills me. It kills me to know what's happening, to hear it through the thin walls of the apartment complex. And to know I can't do anything. It hurts. He is the most beautiful, sweet boy I have ever seen, and to think he is going through that... it... it hurts. Every morning, "Christopher," I believe his name is, is gone. Dan gets up and goes about the day as if nothing has happened. But at night... It happens again. Then morning comes. Then the same night. Over and over again. It kills me.

Ring, ring! I reached into my pocket and pulled out my buzzing phone. "Mom" The words on the screen hurt my eyes, dry from crying. I composed myself and picked up. "Hey, mum." I utter, making it sound as much as I wasn't crying as possible. She doesn't notice. "Hey, sweetie! How's my baby doing? Got yourself a lover yet?" "Mum, you called yesterday. There's nothing new. I'm just making dinner." It was only a half-lie, since I was before it started again. "Oh, okay honey! I'll leave you too it. Goodnight!" Her voice was very cheery. "Goodnight, mum. Love you." I hung up and stood, walking over to the kitchen. I had lost my appetite, as usual, so I put away the ingredients and head to my bedroom. 

I contemplated going over there, but I didn't.

It drives me crazy.