One look puts the rhythm in my hand

Ugh. It's happening again, and again, I can't do anything to stop it. There's screaming. Banging. Shattering. Crying. Silence. I picked up my guitar and started playing whatever I could think of, making a soothing tune. I hope she can hear me. I hope she knows I can hear her. I hope she's okay. 

Knock Knock! I heard pattering at my door. I straightened my button-up and opened the door, wondering who could be here at this time of night. 

I gasp as I see who it is. 

"Dan?" I whimpered. I quickly cleared my throat. "Hey, whaddya need?" I leaned against the door frame.

"Hey, Phil." He's wearing a black, long-sleeve shirt. that has nearly invisible splotches of -something- on it. His face looked fine, but he was covering as much of her body as he could. Dan wore a beanie and long pants, fingerless gloves, and boots. I hear him talking, but I can't listen. I'm too busy admiring how perfect-I mean, perfect-he was. Beautiful short hazel hair, which matched his maple eyes, which were so shiny they looked like marbles, with slight curls at the tips. Makeup. 

I snapped back into reality. "Sorry, what did you say? I- uh..- sorry." 

"Oh, you're fine." His voice was soft and feminine. "I was just wondering if I could stay over a bit... My.. uh... husband is on a business trip and I don't really like an empty house, I guess." He was questioning his own words. 

"Sure, sure!" He seemed startled by me raising my voice, even slightly. I lowered my voice a bit. "Come on in, there's a guest room, couch..." 

"C-could I sleep i-in your r-room?" He regretted his words. "No, no, I mean I can get an air mattress from next door..." 

I was surprised and I could feel myself blushing. "Totally, totally, no, you're fine..." I stepped aside and Dan walked in. He seemed slightly surprised by how neat the house is. 

"You can watch some tv, if you want. I've just been practicing guitar, if you don't mind."

"Oh, I-i don't mind. It's relaxing." Has he heard me playing before?  

I passed him the remote and he changed the channel to some cooking show. 

It hurt me to not be able to confront him, not to have the courage to. 

I started playing again and he started getting quiet, sinking into the couch.