Cover up with makeup in the mirror

"Daniel?" 
"Yes, Ph-Philip?" I liked when he called me by my full name. 
"Do you want me to help you with your makeup?" "Sure," he muttered. I stood up and put down my guitar. He put down the book, sat up, and followed me. I walked into the bathroom as he trailed behind closely, and I picked up the foundation. I didn't know much about makeup, but I'll try my best.

I opened the cap and when I started to spread it onto his face, he didn't retort, so I figured I was doing the right thing. I saw the scars and bruises and cuts seem to just disappear the more I added on. After a bit, he stopped me, so I set the bottle back down. "Thanks." He walked back out and I followed. "So, what do you want to do until sunset?" 

"Uh..." His voice started to sound less panicked and more natural. "Maybe watch tv? Or read?" I nodded and led the way to the living room. He sat on the couch all curled up, and I sit next to him. 

His shirt lifted up slightly and I saw that his abdomen was covered in bruises. I looked down and started to lift up his shirt. "Can I..?" He nodded and I lifted up his shirt. I sighed, disappointed. "Why don't you tell anyone?" 

He sighed for a long time, looked around, then back at me. "He said that if I ever tell anyone, he'll kill me." He looked genuinely scared. "Okay... I won't tell anyone yet." He nodded and started watching his show. He laid with his head on my arm in the fetal position. I let him.