Chapter 11: You Saved Me

ANTHONY'S POV

We just started to drive home. I couldn't stop thinking about what I did in there. I was trying so hard to cover it up, and I hoped it was working. The way I felt when I kissed Ian is... indescribable. 

I had this warm feeling lingering in my stomach while I was driving. It was something that I've never felt before, except in that one dream.

My palms were sweaty. I was so worried about what Ian thought. He must have thought I was crazy! I was too afraid to even talk about it.

Too embarrassed. 

What would this do to our friendship? Would there be an awkwardness between us? 

I was thinking about tons of questions that were popping into my mind until Ian said something.

"Huh?" I asked stupidly. 

"How did you find me?" he asked again in a shaky voice.

God. It hadn't even occurred to me that Ian must have had billions of questions. 

"Oh. Well, I was about to pull into the driveway when I saw a black car just leaving. It didn't look familiar and I had no idea who the f**k it was so I followed it," 

I looked at Ian. He had a huge bruise on the side of his face that I hadn't noticed earlier. 

"Did he hit you?" I asked. 

"I'm pretty sure. That's how he got me in his car. He knocked me the f**k out." 

I was furious with this man, and his psychopath of a daughter. 

How could they do this? I just didn't understand. 

"We'll have to put ice on that," I said calmly. 

"I'll be fine. Continue," he replied.

"Alright. The car pulled up in front of this crappy house that looked like it hadn't had anyone living in it for decades. I had to park somewhere else though, just in case he found out I was following him. I saw him open the trunk, pull you out, and throw you over his shoulder. And that's when I realized what was happening."

I saw Ian rub the side of his head where the bruise was. I didn't know if he was thinking or trying to see how painful his bruise would be. 

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Keep going," he said, squinting his eyes as he continued to rub his head.

"Okay. Then I saw him take you inside. So, I ran up to the house and looked in the window. I didn't see anyone so I started to make my way to the door. And it was locked," I said, exaggerating the word 'and'. 

"So that's what took you so long," he said jokingly.

I looked at him with an 'I just saved your ass and this is what I get?' look. 

He looked at me and smiled.

"Kidding, kidding. Go on," he said with a laugh.

I chuckled.

"ANYWAY. I was slamming into the door, trying to break it open, and it took me like 69 tries. I really think I did something to my shoulder," I said jokingly while grabbing my shoulder. 

"Hehe. You said 'tries'," he said with a childish giggle.

He was acting really happy. I wondered why.

I hit him in the leg playfully and laughed.

"Dirty, dirty mind..." I said.

"Yeah like you don't have one, dick magnet," he said while laughing.

"Shut up, douche nozzle," I said with a smile.

"CONTINUE THE DAMN STORY," he said sternly.

"ANY-FRICKIN-WAY, after about five minutes of trying to break down a goddam door, I finally got inside. There were like fifty freaking doors. So it took me forever to finally find you. I heard you yelling, so I followed the sound of your screams and finally came to the door where all the noise was coming from. And you know the rest from there," I said.

"Damn. I'm sorry man. You went through so much trouble..." he said.

"What the hell do you mean you're sorry? Did you really expect me to just let my best friend get tortured by some crazy-ass people and not do anything about it?"

"Well, n-"

"No," I finished his sentence for him.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. You've been dealing with a lot lately and it's pissing me off. Why do you have to go through all the bad sh!t and I'm the one who just gets to lay around and not have to deal with anything?" 

"Anthony, you've helped me through everything. You were there for me during the roller coaster incident, and you just saved me from some insane ten-year-old fan. Without you man, I would be dead. Thank you, Anthony. I love you man," he said.

If only he meant that the way I wanted it to...

"You too," I said awkwardly.

"So um," I said.

There were a few seconds of silence.

"The kiss," Ian blurted out.

"Did you mean-"

I cut him off.

"I'm sorry man. It was just one of those things, you know? Where you can't control it. It just happens. It was nothing. It had no meaning to it. I'm sorry," I said in an ashamed tone of voice.

I was so embarrassed. I couldn't tell Ian the truth about how I felt. It would definitely affect our friendship. I couldn't let that happen. I had to lie.

"It's- it's fine. I get it. Don't worry about it. We'll just pretend like it didn't even happen," I heard Ian say in what sounded like a disappointed tone.

We were silent for the next few minutes. I couldn't take it anymore. Someone had to say something.

"Oh hey, guess what?!" I said excitedly.

"What?" Ian replied.

"I got your Spaghetti O's!" I said in a childish voice.

"F**KING YAY!" Ian yelled.

"They're somewhere on the backseat," I said.

Ian reached back, grabbed the can, and started eating them like it was the last time he would ever have them.

"You know you're supposed to heat them up, right?" I asked with a laugh.

"You know you're supposed to- F**K YOU," he said, jokingly mocking my voice while shoving a ton of Spaghetti O's in his mouth with his fingers.

I laughed.

I kept hearing moans with every handful he put in his mouth.

"You sound like your mom last night when I-"

"Shut it f**ktard. I'm having the best foodgasm of my life, here," he said with another moan.

"Well okay then," I said with a chuckle.

My attitude had changed since we had the conversation about the kiss. I felt different and was different. And I know Ian wasn't the same either.

Something about that conversation changed us for a few minutes...