Chapter 23: It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt

IAN'S POV

"Ian. Ian, wake up," Anthony whispered lightly.

I rolled over and opened my eyes to see that he was fully awake and dressed.

"Are you feeling okay today?" he asked with a sly, hopeful smile. 

"Well, I'm a lot better then I've been these past few weeks," I replied with a groggy morning voice.

Ever since the night my mind f**ked with me, for the second time actually, I've been uneasy about practically everything. I didn't want Anthony to leave the house. Every time he would almost walk out the door, I would stop him and beg him not to leave. 

One morning, I actually didn't want him to get out of bed because I was so worried for him. 

I was getting better though. I knew that this phase thing would go away soon and I'd be regular me again. 

Anthony slowly leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. 

"That's good to hear," he whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine. 

He lifted up the sheets and got in the bed next to me. 

"What do you wanna do today?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. 

"Sleep," I said with a yawn.

"No," he said like a kid who didn't want to get up for their first day of school. "We should do something. Something fun. Like play a game."

There was about a minute of silence. 

"Messy Twister!" he shouted, making me jump slightly. 

"What?" I asked, turning to him.

"You know, where you put paint on the dots on the Twister mat!" he said excitedly. 

"But we'll get our clothes all... painty," I said.

"So what? That's the point!"

"Well, what about your arm?" I asked, clearly trying to come up with reasons why we shoudn't play. 

"It actually hasn't been bothering me all that much. I don't even think it's broken. Maybe just sprained a little. Now shut up and come on!" he said as he jumped up and ran down the hall. 

"Ugh, fine!" I mumbled to myself, crawling out of bed. 

I quickly got dressed in the most torn up, old clothes I could find, while whistling some unknown, random tune to myself. I could hear Anthony setting up the stupid Twister mat, which I didn't even know we owned. 

"Ian! We don't have any paint!" Anthony yelled from down the hall. 

"You figure it out! You're the one who wanted to do this anyway!" I shouted back as I laughed. 

I heard him mumble something too low to hear. 

I combed my hair from its disheveled aspect to its original bowl form, which was completely useless, considering it would just be totally screwed up by the time this game was over. 

As I left the bedroom and walked down the hall, I could smell the delicious scent of... pancakes?

"Anthony, wh-" I started to say as I walked into the room.

Anthony was in the process of pouring maple syrup on the dots of the Twister mat. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"Are you f**king serious?" I said, barely able to control my laughter.