00:16 AM

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To stop Voldemort from taking over the wizarding world, where do you think? I'm going to sleep mate."

"But it's the US Election tonight. There's a live courage at the SU bar, everyone's gonna be there. Cheap drinks and politics wa-hooo! You not coming?"

"No, why would I?"

"Because this is a historical election, either we get an orange as the leader of the most powerful country in the  world or we're going to get the first female leader of the most powerful country in the world."

"They're both horrible choices with horrible outcomes."

"Well, yeah, but - c'mon - Trump or Clinton? Clinton! She's lesser of two evils."

"The lesser of two evils is still evil, Micah. It's a Catch 22, whichever choice America makes they're still fucked. "

"No, if Trump gets elected the amount of racial hate will skyrocket, it will no longer be a private thing you mutter in the safe walls of your house but in the streets with a band of like-minded arseholes."

"Trump isn't the cause of the heightened racial discrimination in America, he's a symbol and a symptom of it. And why are you so happy to go to the bar and see the world go to shit?"

"It might have slipped by you Sol, but my world has already gone to shit so seeing the rest of the world go in that direction is comforting. Not to mention, Morpheus and Aarav are buying the first two rounds and I plan on getting very smashed so don't be surprised if I come stumbling in at like four or five."

"....."

"What?"

"Is this about Brookes?"

"....."

"It is, isn't it?"

"Why are you so obsessed with him? Hm. Maybe, we should talk about that!"

"I'm not obsessed with anyone. You're the one about to drink himself to death at an election where an orange is about to be in the most powerful office in the world because -"

"Sol, I just...I just wanna chill in the SU bar with my mates."

"Have you even fixed things with him?"

"Technically...no. He's still not talking to me but - I think this is one of the things only distance and time can fix. Time's the best healer right?"

"Right. I - Sorry."

"What are you sorry for? You didn't fuck up a perfectly good thing."

"No but you're my friend and I don't like to see you so -"

"Pathetic?"

"Lost."

"Sol."

"Micah."

"....."

"Micah, don't come in drunk out of your mind again --"

"No promises! I'll see you...I don't know. I'll see you! Bye! Don't wait up!" 

"...bloody hell. Why do I bother?"