Chapter 1: Early Shifter

I'm Jake rider. I'm alpha of the red blood pack. I live by the motto don't start no shit and there wont be none and take no bull shit. I'm not gonna tell you some cliché story about my life. I mean come on I'm not a girl. I'm gonna tell you about how I made a choice.

Now at the time I thought it was a small choice that wouldn't have much of an effect. I didn't think about it effecting my pack. Or my family. Or even the girl that was involved in the challenge. Now i could just tell you about the challenge but then you wouldn't be getting the full story.

As I said before my name is Jake rider. I'm 20 years old. I'm became alpha at a very young age. Not because my parents died in a rough attack or anything to crazy. My father started training me at a very young age.

The training started when I was 5. Normal pups don't start training until the age of 9 or 10. Alphas pups usually start at the age of 7 but as I said I started at the age of 5. Training for me was different then others. I didn't train with anyone but my dad and occasionally with my mom.

I was pushed to limits by my parents to always be faster, stronger, smarter, tougher, and well better. I trained every day until the age of 7. That's when things changed for me.

My parents thought that I was doing great but they wanted more. They kept telling me i have to find myself before anything was complete. So to get what they wanted they send me to live in the woods alone.

I know what your thinking what kinda parents would do that to a 7 year old kid. In all honesty though it wasn't bad. Yes it was hard but i learned a lot. Being alone made me feel weak. I was lonely and not knowing how long I was supposed to stay didn't help me at all.

Over the days in the woods the lonely feeling I had got worse. It got to the point were I didn't wanna hunt for food. I didn't wanna walk to shelter to hide myself from the rain. I had no drive left in me to do anything besides lay in the field and sulk in my own self pity. While I did that hours turned into day and days turned into weeks until I finally heard a voice.

The voice wasn't mine so I knew that someone else besides me had to be in the woods. I got up and looked around searching hoping that it wasn't just my imagination. I looked in the trees and behind some bushes loosing hope every time there was nothing there. Just as I was about to give up I heard it again. I shouted "come out now or else". The voice responded" you cant see me because I'm you"

I said "What do you mean you are me? you are not me I am only me."

The voice replied " I am half of you that you have been gifted with "

I was so confused " What does that even mean? How can you be half of me? "

I then heard " I am your wolf dummy and I am half of you. "

"You don't get access to your wolf until the age of 16... Your crazy because I'm only 7."

" I said it was a gift and not from me but from the moon goddess who had noticed your struggle over the last few weeks and has granted you access to me earlier then the normal wolf."

"So if your my wolf then whats your name? "

" I don't really have a name yet seeing as I have chosen to let you name me. "

" OK... ill name you hunter "

" OK ,now what about to happen next is gonna hurt but i need to take control of our body"

"that's fine are we gonna shift? "

'Yup, that's why I said its gonna hurt. "

I stood there and took off my clothes getting ready to shift into my wolf. I could feel hunter trying to take control so I let him and went to the back of my own mind. I could feel my bones breaking and changing form. I held in my screams of pain not wanting my pack to run out here thinking I was in danger.

I felt the skin that was once on my body become fur and my feet and hands become paws. I could feel my senses getting stronger. When i was fully a wolf the pain stop and i printed to the river. As I approached the river to see my wolf I was amazed.

Hunter was a black wolf with one grey eye and one green eye. The tip of my ears were white and i had a white streak of fur starting from my front paw down to the tip of my tail. I was a very big wolf for the age of 7.

As I ran back into the forest back to my shelter I couldn't help but think I have to stay strong until I can go home.

(AN: I'm sorry if you don't like the story I promise its gonna get better. I will be updating 3 times a week and with every new chapter there will be new people, new problems, new secrets , and last but not least new questions in your head as to what will happen next. This chapter is not the best but the story will get a lot better. Spread the word about the book please. leave comments and maybe give me ideas for the next chapter and what you would love to see happen. I hope everyone keeps reading... Thanks follow me.