Chapter 8: my pack my rules

Kaloni pov

I woke up in the cell still feeling the after shocks of the pain. I heard a heavy door shut and turned to see that it was a guard coming inside.

He stopped at my cell door and said "the alpha wants to see you get up lets go".

I turned. I didn't wanna see him. I didn't wanna smell another female on him knowing what he did with her last night. I could never love a person like him.

I got up and followed the guard into a house. I could tell it was a pack house because of all the people looking at me.

They looked and some glared while others looked confused on who I was. I didn't say anything or look at anyone.

I heard the name as I walked by the females of the pack...

"She's probably some slut fucking our alpha"

"Booty call gone wrong"

"Worthless bitch I know she's not his mate he could never love her"

Little did they know I was his mate but I didn't seek his love. I would never want to be loved by him.

The guard stopped walking and we reached a office with the words alpha on it. He knocked and waited.

"Come in"

The guard looked at me and opened the door. "I've brought the rough you asked for alpha Jake"

So that's his name Jake

"Thank you your dismissed Axel"

I watched at the Axel guy walked out and closed the door leaving me and my so called mate in the room alone.

He looked at me like I was garbage and said "sit"

I knew what would happen if I didn't listen. I would get beaten and I didn't need to be injured if I planned on escaping soon. So I sat in the chair across from his desk.

He looked at me. Studies me. I squirmed in my seat feeling uncomfortable under his stare.

"Why are you on my land rough"

"I crossed the territory line injured. I only got a couple steps before I passed out from blood loss and pain".

"How long have you been a rough"?

I kept my head down "4 days maybe"

" did you leave or were you kicked out of your old pack".

I didn't wanna answer because I knew when I did he would think lowly of me "I was kicked out but I wanted to leave"

"Why were you kicked out"

I thought about how to answer this "an incident happened but I had reason behind my actions"

He looked upset with that answer " I don't want your riddles I want an answer so ANSWER ME NOW"

I shrinked in my seat"I punched the alpha in the face"

He looked stunned by my answer. It was quiet. I knew he was thinking and processing what I just said. It was like the calm before the storm until it happened.

"YOU DID WHAT" he screamed
Slamming his hands on his desk standing up snarling at me.

" I punched the alpha in the face. As I said I had my reasons and he prevoked me. I knew it was wrong but I would never regret it. Not after everything he's done to me".

He looked at me with anger and I started thinking about how he didn't look at the shewolf last night like that.

No. I can't think like that he's not mine. He'll never be mine

I decided to speak up "your my mate you know"

The look in his eyes showed me he was angered at me bringing up the topic

"I know"

I don't know why but this angered me "if you know then why did you sleep with another knowing it would cause me pain"

He looked bored with the conversation. " I'm not your I'll never be you're. I wanted my release so I got it. If you have a problem with that then DEAL WITH IT".

I knew what was to come so I just wanted it to be over.

"I kaloni rivers accept your rejection"

He looked at me. No emotion on his face at all. Then he laughed. He laughed harder then I've seen anyone laugh until it stopped.

No longer was he laughing but looking at me angry.

"You can't accept a rejection if you haven't been rejected dumbass"

I cringed

"But since your oh so excited to accept one I'll challenge you".

"What do you mean you'll challenge me" I looked at him confused.

" I'll give you six months in this pack. I'll watch you and see if your anything beside a weak girl that I see rn. You'll live in the pack house. You'll train with the pack. You help with the pups and the cleaning and the cooking if you cook. I'll see how you blend with my pack member. If it's good I'll let you join. You will tell no one I'm your mate unless I say otherwise ".

I watched the look of mischief grow in his eyes. "What do I have to do in return"

"You have to prove yourself. Try to prove me wrong when I say your weak. Show me you at least have some potential to be a strong Luna. Shoe me you have control over your emotions when you see me with another and show me that you deserve to not be locked in the cells or killed like the rough you are".

I was shocked. Angry that he think I'm unworthy of him but I know he's right.

He's my mate and I have to control my emotions knowing he would be with another. How am I supposed to do that.

I watched as he studied me.

I don't wanna be a rough. I don't wanna live in fear of people from my old pack finding me and killing me. But can I blend with his pack.

Can I try to live the packlife that my old pack took from me?

Can I prove him wrong?

I guess the only way for my to find out is to accept his challenge but do I want to.

I looked at him he wore a smirk like he knew I was deny him so I did what he said to do I proved him wrong and with that thought

"I accept your challenge "