Chapter 3: Im Not A Little Boy Anymore

I woke up today was the day i told my family that i got my wolf early. I have a feeling my dad would be very proud. I just hope my mother doesn't feel bad.

    I got up and got dressed in a shirt and basketball shorts since everything else was to big then went in the bathroom and did everything else any normal morning routine would consist of.

  As I walked down the stairs the smell of French toast hit my nose. As i got to the last level and walked to the kitchen there was my mother cooking and my father watching.

   They didn't see me so I waited to hear what they were talking about. I leaned against the wall in the room next door and used my wolf hearing to hear there conversation.

   " I cant believe how big he's grown so fast and how much we've missed" I heard my mother say

   " What we did was necessary honey he had to find himself and the sooner he did the better. "

   " I know but what if this changed him for the worse and not the better... what happens then? "

   "then we figure it out if that happens but right now we just need to be proud of our son and not question his strength and accomplishment" my father said

   Just as my mother was about to reply I stepped in. Standing there like I heard nothing I walked to my mother and hugged her saying my good mornings.

  My father stared at me the proudness he held in his eyes did not go unnoticed and made me smile. My mother then handed me a plate full of French toast.  Before i would have jumped at the sight and dug in right away but that was before and things changed.

  I thanked my mother but told her I would go hunting. She looked at me questioningly before saying "why the hell would you go hunting"

  I smiled " I've been hunting in the woods for my meals its kind of something that grew natural for me now I hope that's OK. "

  my father spoke next with a smile " that's fine son if you'd like we can all go hunting as a family maybe teach you how to use a gun. "

I thought about it... this is the perfect opportunity to tell my parents so agreed.

  My father left to some room and when he came back he held 3 guns in his hands. My mother gave him a sly smirk the spoke her thought " If you boys  wanted to get beat all you had to do was ask"

  Me and my father laughed and he replied" well see about that honey "

I watched my parents. Missing the moments like this before I was in the woods. The moments where you saw the love in there eyes and the smiles on there faces. These were the moments I loved hoping one day me and my mate were like that. i zoned in to there conversation just as my mother said " well boys lets go hunting "

We raced for the door and ran to the forest. Just as we got there my father handed us the guns and i said i was gonna go a separate way so I could get into my "hunting mode" . When I was far enough i heard hunters voice" its time to show them "

With those words going through my head I thought about hunter and what he looked like. I thought about the forest and the comfort it brought me. I felt my bones breaking and changing. It wasn't as painful as the first time and soon enough I was my wolf.

  I ran in the woods feeling the wind through my fur and my paws hitting the ground. Grabbing a rabbit with my teeth I ran as fast as I could until I noticed my parents.

  My mother looked scared and worried while my father watched me with careful eyes pushing his mate behind him. I jumped on a rock and stood tall and proud looking at my parents. I watched my mother look in my eyes and still couldn't figure it out and I heard my father command me to shift so I did.

I dropped the rabbit in front of them and shifted with my clothes on. When my parents knew it was me my mother cried and han to me squeezing me in a hug while my father looked proud and shocked.

  I held my mother and she cried tears of joy on my shoulder and hugged my father as he looked at me with more pride and acceptance I thought possible for one person to feel.

  My mother stopped crying and stood smiling at me and asked the one question i knew was to come "how'

  I explained everything to them. I explained what hunter told me about him being a gift and about the warning. My parents took it in and slowly but surly they were ready to go home.

  Home. That sounded weird to say considering the woods have been my home lately. I guess I just had to get used to calling a house my home again.

  We walked through the forest slowly. My mother in my fathers arms holding my hand while I ate my rabbit. We reached the house and I went to my room and took a shower walking into my closet finding it full of new clothes my size.

  I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a Nike shirt and shoes. I brushed my teeth and walked down stairs to my fathers office.

  he told me his plan for training my wolf and my human side. I would have 6 months off then my training would start again.

  Everyday in the morning I would train my human side with the others but I would train with the adults not the kids and they were to treat me and train with me like they would if i was older.

   To train my wolf it was different. Since nobody could know I didn't train with the pack. Instead I trained with my father in the woods.

  In the afternoon we would run deep in the woods in human form then shift and train for 4 hours with no breaks then run back half way in wolf form then shift so nobody knew I was a wolf.

  Most people in the pack thought it was father son time to catch up on all that was lost. Nobody suspected me to be a wolf yet due to my age ad we had to keep it that way.

So that's how things went. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Soon enough those months turned into years of me training like that.

Hiding my secret getting close to my parents and the pack. Making friends with the people my age. The betas son who was my age soon became my best friend.

My parents were happy I was back and so was I because I was finally home.

  I went to school and studied hard playing as many sports as I could dating a couple girls here and there but never sticking to one for to long seeing as they were all after my title.

  I somehow got the bad boy reputation a couple years later at the age of 12 but its cool as long as my parents knew that wasn't me then I didn't care.

AN: I'm so sorry for the late update I've been really busy and didn't have the time to update. I hope everyone likes the story in the next chapter kaloni will be introduced and it will be a time jump. That's all I will say. I hope everyone likes the chapter and leave comments and advice to make it better. please spread the word about the book and know it gets better... Thanks.
                                                                                        Aleah. X