Natalie

Cathy's pov
My breaths are short and sharp as I feel a few tears trickle down my cheek. I lean back in the hospital bed and I see Jamie smiling down at a tiny bundle in his arms. His smile is reaching his eyes as he coos at the small thing. I smile as I watch my husband, this is the happiest I've seen him in a long time. The next thing I know he's placing the bundle in my arms and my daughters eyes are staring into mine. I laugh in pure joy as Jamie kisses my temple, "she has your nose and eyes." He whispers as I trace my finger over her beautiful features, "she has your wisdom, I already know." He laughs and we sit there admiring our little bundle of a daughter in silence.

The silence is broken by a nurse informing us that we have to fill out a form for our newborn. She passes a pen and clipboard to Jamie as I hold our little girl. "Name?" Jamie asked, his tone was flat and unaffectionate as it always is nowadays. I study her eyes and smile, "Adalyn." I grin as I touch her nose and look up at Jamie. He raises his eyebrows before speaking, "she's never going to get anywhere with a name like that. How about Samantha." I roll my eyes before retorting, "does she look like a Sam to you?" We both sigh before I continue, "what about Natalie?" He takes a few minutes to think before writing it down on the paper. I smile in triumph before nuzzleing into Jamie's shoulder and slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Jamie! Jamie, Jamie, Jamie come quick! It's Natalie, she's walking!" I pull out my camera and snap a bunch of photos whilst my baby girl giggles and wobbles towards me. "Jamie you're missing it!" I laugh as Natalie reaches me and grabs tightly onto my shoulders, reaching for the camera. She gurgles as I hug her close, "oh I'm so proud of you baby! You're so perfect." I plant a light kiss on her head as I stand up with her resting on my hip. We walk out to the loungeroom where Jamie is sitting with his glasses on working. We've been together for 6 years now and all he ever does is work! "Jamie!" I place my free hand on my hip as he turns away from his work, "really? You missed her first steps because you were working? Don't you dare say you couldn't hear me because I'm fairly sure my parents could hear me!" He looks at me with a blank expression and just turns back to his work. I scoff as I turn on my heels and start to leave the room, "you're a despicable human being and a terrible father."

"Natalie hurry up I'm late for work!" Jamie's voice rings through the apartment as I finish braiding her hair for her first day. "I can't believe I'm in junior high." She lets out a breath as she turns to face me. I snap a picture before pulling her into a hug, "I know, you've grown up so fast my little princess." She smiles as she hugs me back and the world is filled with a perfect silence. "Natalie Jane Wellerstein! What the hell are you doing? I'm late to work and it's all because of you!" Jamie's face is red as he slams the door shut behind him. I move Natalie behind me as I tell Jamie to leave and that I'd take her to school. He leaves the room in a huff and goes to work. "Mum, does Dad even love me or want me?" I turn around to see a tear beginning to roll down Natalie's cheek. I reach down and wipe it away, "of course he does Natalie. He's just... stressed." We both sigh as I walk her out the door, "tell you what, this weekend we'll visit one of your aunts or uncles, okay?" I see Natalie's face light up, "Aunt Beca?" I laugh and nod, locking the door before taking my little girl to school.

A/N
Hey! Sorry for the first chapter being so short and taking so long for me to publish. I thought I'd just use this chapter to introduce you to the family. I know I made Jamie look like a real bad guy in this chapter but he'll loosen up later on :)
Anyhow, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!
Xx H