School and Aunty Beca

Natalies pov
Mum pulls up at school and I feel my stomach do a little flip. It's my first day and I'm starting to notice how dorky I look. "Mum are you sure this dress looks okay? I actually want to make at least one friend." My mum laughs as I stress over my outfit and my hair. I give her a small death stare before enveloping her in a hug. We say our goodbyes and then I step out of the car into the big world of junior high.

I'm sat in math class watching the clock as it ticks away, 5 minutes. I let out a long breath as I try to tune in to what the monotonous teacher is saying. Picking up my pen I start to copy down a couple of things before the bell goes. At that point I realise everyone else is beginning to pack up. I scribble down everything as quickly as I can, in hope that nobody will notice me looking like a total nerd. The bell goes and I begin to pack up my stuff. I hear a couple of giggles behind me but I just brush it off. Next thing I know there's two boys walking past my desk, one of them knocks my textbooks down and the other makes some stupid remarks. I roll my eyes as they walk away, "real mature."

"Hey sweetie, how was your day? Have you got some new friends." I scowl as I dump my stuff at my feet. "It was great." I mutter bitterly as Mum begins to drive off. I stare out my window as we drive. I don't know how I thought that I'd make any friends. My own father hates me. "Mum, where are we going?" I turn to face her as a mischevious little smile grows on her face, "you'll see." The next thing I know we've pulled up at a very familiar apartment block.

I step into the elevator with Mum and hit the button for the 6th floor. I can't help but grin, raising my heels off the floor in excitement. A chime fills the elevator as it lurches to a stop. I knock repeatedly on the door until it is pulled open by a brunette lady. I smile up at her and engulf her in a huge hug, "woah, hey Nat." I smile up at my Aunt Beca and say hello. I walk into the loungeroom while Mum chats with her for a minute. I overhear-okay I may've been eavesdropping on a bit of their conversation. "Please could you look after her, just until 6. It's just I have an audition and god knows where Jamie is and I don't want her to be alone." Beca hugs my Mum and whispers something in her ear, unfortunately I'm not close enough to hear that part. After they seperate my Mum leaves. "So munchkin, how much did you hear?" I grin mischeaviously as I sit down on her couch, "all of it except what you said." She rolls her eyes at me in response and joins me on the couch.

Jamie's pov
My eyes open with a start as I take in my surroundings. Alise's flat. I sigh as I carefully remove myself from her arms and collect my clothing. Picking up my phone from the bench I notice almost a million messages from Cathy. I rub my forehead as I look at the words swimmimg in front of my eyes. Just then another text comes in from Natalie's phone:
Natalie
Jamie. In case I'm wrong and you actually care, your daughter is at mine and you were meant to pick her up at 6 because Cathy is working. It's 9 Jamie! Where the fuck are you? Don't bother picking up food, I've fed her.
Beca

Shit. I pull my clothes and race out the door picking up my keys on the way out. After practically speeding through the city I pull up at Beca's apartment complex. Upon reaching her door I knock a few times and wait. I'm the worst dad known in the history of the world. I love my family, Natalie is perfect, Cathy is perfect but I just can't take this anymore. I'm unfaithful because I'm stressed and bored. But Beca is right, I'm a dick and I need to be there to support my family more than I am now. Finally the door opens and there stands a very grumpy Natalie, "Nat, baby I'm so sorry I got caught up in work!" I hold out my arms to give her a hug but she barges past me. My heart shatters, this is what I've brought upon my family. Beca glares at me as she reaches the door, "Natalie, come here." Natalie turns backs and hugs Beca tight. I hear her quiet voice say something that almost knocks the air out of me, "do I have to go with him? He hates me, he wouldn't even care if I died." My sister soothes my baby girl until she finally lets go just to walk right past me without a second glance.

Oh my god, Jamie has feelings? Sorry it took me AGES to upload I've just had a sucky, stressful past week or so and I didn't feel like doing anything. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the story and tag along for the ride 😊 xxx H