Date Night

Cathy's pov
"Natalie, sweety, are you ready to go?" I turn the corner to the loungeroom to see her sitting on the couch wearing a denim playsuit and her hair is up in a high side pony. "Yup! Is Aunty Beca gonna babysit me?" I giggle at her enthusiasm and nod as I place my hand on the small of her back and lead her out the door. The car ride is quiet, spare Natalie babbling on about how amazing her Aunty is. It's surprising how well those two get along. It amazes me how good Beca is with kids.

I knock on the door and Beca's red head roommate opens the door, "hey Chloe, is Beca in? She's meant to be babysitting." Chloe smiles that sweet, energetic smile, "yeah, she's in her room. I can take Natalie in if you need to get going?" I nod before turning and kissing Natalie on the head, "be good sweety" she smiles before following Chloe into the apartment. I drive back home and start getting ready. I pull on a little red dress and do my hair before calling Jamie. "Hey baby, we still up for date night?" I smile into the phone whilst I wait for a reply, "uh, yeah, about date night... I can't Cathy, I'm sorry." My stomach drops in dissapointment, "that's- fine. I uh- gotta practice my audition anyways." With that I hang up the phone.

Jamie's pov
I smoothen out my tux as I stand in front of the door, with a huge bouqet of flowers in hand. I sigh as I check the text I just got on the phone, I reply vaguely before listening to the piano chords that have begun ringing through the apartment. I feel nervous as I hear the sweet, lilting voice of my love coming from the other side of that door.

"When you come home to me,
I'll wear a sweeter smile
and hope that for awhile you'll stay. When you come home to me,
your hand will touch my face
and banish any trace of gray.
Soon our love will rise anew,
even greater than the joy
I felt just missing you.
And once again I'll be,
so proud to call you mine.
When finally you come home to me."

I quietly open the door and see her sitting at the piano. Her beautiful blonde waves rolling down her back. She's wearing a red dress and the skirt is hanging over the back of the chair. I see her scribbling something on the sheet music in front of her. I know exactly what her face would look like right now, that little crease between her eyes. She's biting the bottom left of her lip and her other hand is fidgeting with hair. I smile as I walk over to her and sit beside her on the piano chair. She jumps a little until she realises it's me. "Jamie!" She giggles hitting my shoulder playfully before hugging me tight, "I love you Cathy, let's go to date night."

Natalie's pov
I follow Chloe through the door. She leads me to Aunt Beca's room and knocks on the door, "Beca you have a young visitor, are you decent?" There's some quiet talking in the room before my Aunty opens the door with a very suspicious smile, "Natalie!" She hugs me tight and I just raise my eyebrows at her. She is definitely hiding something. "Okay." I say slowly as she releases me, "may I come in?" Aunt Beca laughs and nods moving to the side. I walk into her room and see why she's being so weird. "Hey cutie, what's your name?" I turn and look and my aunty, then back to the man and then back at Aunt Beca, "you and him?" I hold back a giggle as she gives me a look and a blush crawls to her cheeks, "no! We aren't a thing. Natalie this is- Jesse. Jess this is Nat, my neice. And now," She walks over to Jesse and pushes him out the door, "you have to leave." I laugh as she sits on the bed and sighs. I can't stop laughing and I see her scowl at me. Next thing I know she's pushed me off of the bed and I've landed on my butt. Now it's her turn to laugh.

"So kid, what do you want to do?" I think for a minute while I flick through my instagram, "wanna show me what you've been working on?" She shrugs and pulls out her laptop. I've always been fascinated with my Aunty's job. I mean she's kinda famous. "Holy shit!" I exclaim not realising I swore I cover my mouth with my hand and my eyes go wide, "I mean, shoot. You're working with Taylor Swift!?" She chuckles and nods, "we just finished recording on Monday. Which reminds me..." she trails off as she rolls her chair over to her laptop bag and pulls something out, rolling back to me, "as per always." She places two small wrapped packages and I grin. I rip open the first one revealing a signed Taylor Swift CD, "Oh my god! Are you serious?" She nods and I begin ripping open the next one. I pull out a jewellry box and an envelope. I open the box to reveal a charm bracelet with three charms; an N, a music note and a camera. I quickly put it on and hug my Aunt tight, "thank you so much Aunty Beca! What's this for though?" She just shrugs and smiles, so I open the envelope. Inside is a letter from Taylor Swift and two tickets. I scream and Aunty Beca laughs, "OH MY STARS!" I jump up and down and hug her tighter than before. "Alright kid, you need sleep now." She kisses me on the cheek and reaches on top of her cupboard for the little pink teddy that she gave me when I was a baby. I sleep with it every night I stay here. I take the bear from her and head into the spare room to sleep.

Okay, sorry I've been taking AGES to update! Also I'm thinking of editing all my chapters of my other story so anyone following that, I'm sorry in advancs for any mass notification flooding ☺
Xx H