Friends or More?

Natalie's Pov
"No way, Shakespeare is an absolute legend and his works are gorgous no matter what you say!" I say jabbing Teddy in the ribs. "You know there's evidence supporting the theory that he didn't even write his plays." He shoots back at me. I laugh and shake my head as the bell rings, "I don't care. I adore Shakespeare. He's magnificent." I add in a dramatic sigh at the end which sends Teddy into fits of laughter before we head off to our seperate classes. I walk into class to find a note on my desk. I open it up and begin to read;
'Theodore and Natalie sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G...'
I roll my eyes and scrunch up the paper, putting it in the waste basket. I take my seat and a girl leans over, "you two nerds make me want to vomit!" She snarls in my ear. I sigh, "we're just friends." I say protectively. "Boys and girls can't be friends." The girls around me all agree and keep pestering me. I get frustrated with every little comment they make. I feel the anger welling up and I slam my books on my desk, "just leave me the hell alone!" I scream. Just at that moment the teacher walks in, "Natalie Heit, principal's office. Now." I stand there in pure shock, "but sir-" I begin to protest but he just shakes his head. I grab my stuff and walk out hearing the girls laughing as I head off to my impending doom.

I sit outside the office in deep thought. We are just friends aren't we? We haven't kissed or anything. I blush, I mean I'd like to kiss him but I'm just not sure. "Natalie sweety," I snap out of my daydream as I notice the receptionist talking to me, "your parents aren't answering their phones." I smile politely, "my mother is in Ohio and Dad is always busy working. It's probably best if you call my Aunty Beca." She smiles and thanks me as I'm called in by the principal. I don't get in trouble once I've explained everything but I'm told to stay home for 2 days until they've sorted everything out with the other girls punishment.

Once Aunty Beca arrives she has a quick meeting with the principal and then takes me to her house. "Sorry you had to come and pick me up." I mumble under my breath as I collapse onto the couch. "Are you kidding? Those bitches are the ones who should be apologising! If I ever see them I'll-" She stops herself before she says the next thing, "sorry." I giggle as she sits down next to me, "what am I going to do for these next two days! Mum's going to kill me." Aunt Beca smiles and gives me a hug, "no, she's not and anyways you will be coming to work with me!" I grin, "oh my stars! Are you serious!" I squeal with delight as she nods, "but, for today lets go shopping together." I smile and nod excitedly.

We take our seat in starbucks as we wait for our names to be called, "so, I know it's a touchy subject, but what is the deal with this Theodore boy?" Aunt Beca looks at me, wiggling her eyebrows. I piss myself laughing; she's such an idiot. "Well, I-I don't know," I start to explain the situation but stop, "What's the deal with this Jesse boy?" I copy her question exactly, including the eyebrows. She looks at me seriously, "touché little miss. Jesse is- Jesse's my boyfriend." I raise my eyebrows at her in shock, "are you serious? Can we hang out with him tonight? Please, please please!" She laughs, "he's away on business but nice job trying to change the subject. Theodore, what is he?" I sigh, it was worth a try. "Well, he's my best friend, I think he has a crush on me and I might possibly, just may have a little bit of a teensy crush on him?" I say the last bit quickly in a hope that she won't hear it. She raises her eyebrows, "is he strong enough to hurt you?" I look at her confused but shake my head no. "Okay well then ask him out, Natty Cat." I laugh, "ah , no. No way!" Just then our names are called and we decide to never talk about Teddy again.

"Natalie are you awake?" I awaken to Chloe calling me from the kitchen. I crawl lazily out of bed and stumble into the kitchen. "Hey sleepy head," the bubbly red head slides a plate full of pancakes in front of me and I begin to devour them quickly, "yup, you're definitely Beca's niece. Speaking of which, Becs had to go in to 'work' early and I'm meant to drop you off at her office in an hour." She does bunny ears around the word work, I give her a look, "Jesse?"
"Jesse."

After breakfast I get dressed in my more grown up clothes and Chloe drops me off at the studio Aunt Beca works at. I make my way inside and in to the elevator. It takes a little while but I end up finding my Aunty's office and knock on the door. There's no answer so I open it up and walk in, "Aunt Beca?" Nothing. I shrug and take a seat at her desk. Her office is the coolest, the wall opposite her desk is a huge window that overlooks the city. Behind her desk is an archway into a little kitchen. The rest of the walls are lined with photos of her and the artists she's worked with and little shelves with all her awards. I'm sitting there thinking about my Teddy when the door suddenly opens, "hey Beca, weren't we meant to start- oh, I'm sorry I must have the wrong office." The blonde starts to close the door, "Oh, no this is Beca's office. She's my aunty. She's meant to be here by now but she's not. You can wait in here if you want, there's drinks in the fridge." I smile trying to seem as cool and casual as possible. "Oh awesome." She takes a seat in the chair opposite me and holds out her hand to me, "I'm Taylor. Nice to meet you." I giggle, "I know who you are, you're like my favourite singer. I'm Natalie." I shake her hand and grin.

"Oh my god is this you?" Taylor says ad she looks at the photos, "you sing?" I blush slightly and nod turning off the cd that was in the player "oh yeah, that was just for fun a few months-" I'm interupted by a very flustered out of breathe Aunty at the door. "I am so sorry, Taylor!" She looks over at me and I smile at her knowingly, "oh Natty Cat, you made it. Alright girls let's get down to the recording studio!" Taylor smiles and tells Beca not to worry about being late that she had fun chatting and taking selfies with me. I head out the door after them and when Taylor is a sufficient distance away I turn around and smile at my Aunty, "you and him, huh?" She blushes and pushes me down the hallway trying to shut me up and I crack up laughing.

So I kinda, sorta forgot this existed... a little bit. But I'll try and write lots and lots more over the next few weeks :) xH