Chapter 1- The loyalist

"Soundwave, What is your progress on the Iacon database?" Lord Megatron asked, as he strolled in to the work room. Soundwave paused to look as his master, and then back to the monitor. Cybertronian symbols hung on the screen, and as a few came together, a red flash and a sound of an incorrect decoding gave the decepticon leader his answer.

" I see...you are dismissed, but tomorrow, continue with all haste, I will have another relic in my grasp if it's the last thing I do." Megatron spoke darkly. Soundwave watched him leave, happy that he could continue his work in silence. He wanted to try one more set of codes. A few more inputted cybertronian commands only returned the same red flash. He seemed to sigh, as he checked the time. He had been working for a few megacycles, and it was time to go and recharge. Leaving his station locked, away from any other prying eyes, he left the work room and walked down the Nemesis halls. As he turned a corner, Knockout, the ships medic, nearly walked into him, but the silent mech hardly reacted.

" Ah, Soundwave, I trust the work I did on your visor is beyond perfection?" Knockout asked, with the same egotistical glance he always wore. Soundwave responded with a curt nod.

"...Good. Well, I have few things to finish up, and then it's of to recharge...so, got a go." Knockout replied, awkwardly. The silent Soundwave merely nodded and continued on his way. Knockout shook his helm. Why doesn't the mech just use words? It's not like he can't talk...If only Breakdown was here. Life certainly lacks without that bit of a rust bucket. He thought.

Soundwave found his quarters, and entered into a plain room. He paused to look around, almost bored of the same place he returned to. There was only one thing in the room that kept him going. That single holo image, beside his own berth.

How long he had sat there, he didn't know. He didn't care. He sat alone in his quarters, having finished his days work on the Iacon database. But he'd have to return to it tomorrow. And the day after. Not that he got bored. Today, he had not managed to discover a new location of a new relic. But he knew there was many more to be found. It seemed as though many had been brought to this planet...how strange it seemed that this planet's destiny was entwined in some way with Cybertrons. Had the Cybertronians been destined to come to this planet? Would the war finally be decided upon this small organic inhabited world? Maybe...Maybe not. His thoughts deepened, and they began to return to the old Cybertron he once new. Vibrant, proud, glorious...but slowly falling into ruin. The old leadership of the council was waning, and a new era was needed to be ushered in. It had been... but the same pride and glory had not returned with it. What was the point if Cybertron was destitute? If none of this had off happened....No. He fought for a single reason, for his beliefs, and out of endearing love for another. The thoughts that had brought him through fire and spilt energon, through battles and desperate espionage missions, that governed everything he did, was for the preservation of Lord Megatron's ideals, his new Cybertron. A world, an era, he would help create. He had preformed better than any other decepticon, in his own opinion. All the other decepticons saw only their own power and greed, their ambitions, not the ambitions of their Lord. Neither did they see the future. Shallow sparked weaklings.

All except one other besides him, could have ever claimed such loyalty to the Decepticon cause, and only one other could command his loyalty.

His frame slumped as he sat on his berth, staring at the table opposite him. Putting a servo to his face, he removed his visor. Bright red optics shone sadly, on a silver coloured face. Placing the visor down, he picked up a cubed glass of energon, and raised it.

" May your spark be in peace, My Solarlight." A soft, smooth voice spoke, laced with sadness.

He drank lightly, placing the glass down, and turned to lay on his berth to recharge. The half empty glass sat beside a holo image, an image of Soundwave, Shockwave, and his spark mate, Solarlight. All before the old Cybertron was torn by war. Before she was taken from him. Before he vowed to silence.