Chapter 11 - Consequence

It wasn't the first time within the last few weeks that Arcee felt her spark cease to shine. But that didn't stop her from acting when the situation called for it. She ran at Megatron, and slammed a fist in to his face, catching him of guard, and finished with a sharp kick to the torso, creating enough momentum to knock the large mech down a few feet away. Arcee quickly turned to Bumblebee, pinned to the rock by the sword. She looked at the wound uncertainly, seeing the energon dripping fast.

" Hold still-" She warned as she grabbed the hilt of the sword. Bumblebee chirped worriedly and braced himself. The sword slid out easily after one tug, but the scout cried out in pain, and quickly grasped his injured shoulder. Arcee kept the sword in hand, and placed a comforting servo on his forearm, and he looked at her wounded, which she responded with quick but light smile. The next thing she felt was pain, as laser fire struck her, sending her to the ground. She heard Bumblebee's beeps of worry, and he seemed to say something she couldn't make out. Her processors seemed slow, and she could feel a liquid running down the side of her faceplates. She forced her optics to open and adjust, but the blur remained. The sound of a ground bridge opening somewhere gave small relief, until she heard more footsteps. no...please don't be more decepticons... She thought worriedly. Her prayers where answered as she heard the familiar voices of Optimus and Bulkhead. She felt herself be picked up, and held in one bots' arms....and when her thoughts turned to who it could be, the first and last thought that came to her mind before she finally blacked out, was Soundwave.

Optimus held Arcee gently, holding her close as Bulkhead stood protectively next to Bumblebee.

Megatron stood triumphant, having collected the dark blue energon. He didn't seem to care about the sword Bulkhead had picked up, it relevance now redundant. He smiled menacingly, looking to the Autobots, and then Arcee's limp frame. How distressed Soundwave would be if he was here...Then another thought came to his mind. His victory wasn't one he was going to selfishly keep to himself. Not this time.

" When Arcee awakes, Optimus prime, extend my thanks in her part she played in this conspiracy. It would not have been possible without her." He turned to leave, but sparred another glance to the Autobots.

" And tell her Soundwave sends his love."

Ratchet was aghast when he saw the sword wounds on 'Bee's left shoulder, and Arcee's unconscious frame. He quickly ordered For Bumblebee and Arcee to placed in sick bay, ordering Optimus to do what he could for 'bee, while he checked Arcee for any internal damage to her cranium processors. Thankfully, he could find none, and the wound was not as deep as Bumblebee's was. Quickly stabilising her wound, He hurried over to take over the work being done on Bumblebee, dismissing Optimus, assuring him he no longer needed any more assistance. Optimus nodded, and spared a look at Arcee as he left. Bulkhead waited impatiently, tired. It was now about five am in human standards, and Optimus was amazed Jack was still up despite not recharging. He was conversing with Bulkhead, and Optimus could tell the teen was deeply worried about Arcee. They silenced as the large mech approached them.

" Both Bumblebee and Arcee will be fine. They are in capable servos." Optimus said with perfect confidence in his long old friend. Jack nodded, knowing that much already.

" So what happened?" He asked. Bulkhead shrugged his shoulders.

" Before we got there? Not quite sure. But a couple of Vehicons got scrapped, so I'd say one hell of a fight." Bulkhead surmised. " When we arrived, 'Cee was down, and 'bee injured." Bulkhead spoke solemnly.

" And megatron had the blue energon." Optimus concluded.

" At least it's only one out of three, right?" jack asked, trying to remain optimistic. Optimus sighed.