Chapter 15- Exploitation

"Arcee....She.....Megatron..." Jack found it hard to swallow anything he had just been told, what he was seeing. His partner was gone, forced to be a decepticon, and everyone, albeit the medic, were injured, none more so than Optimus, who rested on a med berth.

" She had no choice. She truly has feelings for Soundwave..." Ratchet said somberly.

" And Megatron left her with no alternative." Bulkhead replied, sat with his servo clutching his arm, still sore, even though he had been lucky to avoid the full swing of the blade, which would have surely severed his arm. Bulkhead could think of little besides the choice Arcee was forced to make, and the speed of Megatron, his strength...He hadn't taken long to cut Optimus down to size at all.

" What about last minute heroics? You know, catching him of guard-"

"It never that simple, Miko. If only we had realised....and actually allowed Soundwave instead of being so sceptical..." Ratchet said, rather abruptly, before looking sadly to Optimus. He would be alright, but it would be a while before he was back on his feet. His chest was heavily damaged, as was his legs. Most of the side of his face was also cracked as well, for now Ratchet had only stabilised the wounds. Optimus needed to rest before he continued. When the kids had arrived later that day, they were just as shocked as Ratchet had been. Now, they tried to comfort their partners; yet Jack sat alone, and everyone had to admit, Arcee was already sorely missed.

" We will find a way to bring her back, right?" Bumblebee asked, destroying the silence. Bulkhead was quick to give his consent.

"Of course. And Soundwave as well. We owe it to them... to them both." Bulkhead agreed.

" And how do you propose that? If anything, Arcee will be nothing more than a prisoner, and he will try and extract every last piece of data for her processors, the location of base, for instance. It will be Megatron who will find us first, before we find Arcee." Ratchet said irritably. Everyone shot him a look, and as he looked to Jack, he realised his words had been a little insensitive. He sighed.

" Jack, I'm sorry. The reality is, she is on her own...unless primus gives us a miracle, it.. May be along time before we see her again..." He spoke, his frame slumping.

Jack shook his head.

" No...She's not alone. If Soundwave has feelings for her, I'm sure he'll protect her, and they'll find away to escape together."

Arcee walked deflated, in front of Megatron who watched her every move. If felt good to walk triumphantly behind what was, in reality a prisoner. She would never be a decepticon, that much he knew. She was only here until she and Soundwave could escape. If that happened, they would both die, or just one of them would-either way, he would make them suffer.

Arcee glanced briefly at him, before quickly turning away as he caught her gaze.

"A decepticon should be proud and unafraid, Arcee. Shying away is only a sign of weakness." Megatron stated.

" Weakness is those who have to force others to serve them because there to weak to do it for themselves." Arcee muttered, quiet enough so he couldn't hear. They walked on in silence, down the many halls of the Nemesis, until he gestured her to enter a room. She walked in, and found it empty, except for a berth, a side table and a few lights. She felt slightly nervous, as she heard the door close behind them.

" This will be your quarters, do with it what you wish."

" Is there any reason why its next to a guarded room?" Arcee questioned, having seen out of the corner of her optic, only a short way down the hall, two Vehicon standing as guards. Megatron laughed.