Chapter 14- Forging Chains

" Arcee- I know you are listening. I also know that you and Soundwave are somewhat attracted to each other- and since his very spark hangs in the balance, I would listen carefully to my next words."

" You choice is thus- switch your allegiance to the decepticons, and Soundwave shall be spared. If not, and you try to save him, know that his spark will be extinguished before nightfall."

The words replayed themselves too many times. Again. And again. He held them both by the throat, and Soundwave's spark, already in physical pain, suddenly felt weaker as the emotional pain joined the barrage on his frame. His left servo clutched his side, energon flowing out at a fast rate. But all he thought about was Arcee.

Please Arcee, don't be a decepticon for my sake...Behind his visor he felt the first tears of energon fall; the first in a long time.

No...I won't let you become a slave to him....

Megatron watched as all of a sudden, the once loyal mech attempted to stand. Megatron let out a deep laugh before quickly and heavily stomping him to the ground.

"Still strong after all these millennia, are you Soundwave?" Megatron mocked, seeing the mech so weak and easily overpowered.

Soundwave felt the rough dirt of the Earth against his frame, as Megatron kept his foot, applying pressure selectively to his wound, upon his back. Soundwave tried to twist his frame to a position were it wouldn't hurt, but that only made Megatron apply a greater amount pressure. It almost forced the energon out of him, crushing his circuitry and if could have spoken, he would have been crying out in agony.

"I also forgot to mention, Arcee, time is of the essence." Megatron duly noted, as dusk slowly began to become night.

Ratchet stared in disbelief. Those words...were only proof that Arcee had been right all along. None of them had believed her...if they had.... Ratchet turned to look at her, and saw her faceplates crossed with her conflictions. She seemed almost to stare into some non existent reality. Optimus's calm and steady voice brought them both back to Earth.

" Arcee...it is your decision to make. Do only what you feel is right." He said the words with a solemn attitude. Ratchet was completely dumbfounded, and though he tried, his own words of protest failed him.

" Arcee..." Ratchet finally managed to begin, but Arcee answered him almost as though her words were pre-recorded.

" Open the ground bridge."

" But Arcee-"

" OPEN the ground bridge." She said, reservedly forceful. She turned her back on him, and walked to the ground bridge. Ratchet looked at the ground bridge controls, then back to Arcee. Primus, this is not what I prayed for.. But there was nothing he could do, and she would not condemn Soundwave, especially with the feelings she had for him. Ratchet closed his optics for a brief moment, and again found himself saying a silent prayer for her.. Only praying that it would be answered this time.

As she stepped out of the ground bridge, she found everyone waiting for her. She looked over their faceplates. Bulkhead's somber amazement, Bumblebee's sadness, Optimus' stern yet melancholic look. The mood shifted when she turned to look at Megatron, evil happiness spread across his features, and then the harrowing site of Soundwave- forcing her to let out gasp in horror- Lying in a pool of his own energon. What was worse, was his visor had returned, how, she didn't know, but it almost felt as though a void had been placed between them.

Megatron watched the emotions cross her face with pure enjoyment; such torture was rare to see. It made him consider removing Soundwave's visor, just to see the same emotions within his faceplates. Yet the visor had its purpose, and would never be removed. However he could sense the pain he was inflicting upon Soundwave, and how this act was only going to bring him more. Surely you will have learned you lesson Soundwave. Megatron thought, but then again once some con or bot turned traitor, it was often for good. But that didn't matter- he only had to keep Soundwave and Arcee chained together, and Soundwave would follow his orders without question.