5 | Pancakes & Sponsors

| {Kyouko's P.O.V.} |

    Beep... beep... beep... CRASH!

    I ended the annoying beeping of my alarm clock by punching it off of my nightstand and onto the floor, rendering it useless. The sound of it hitting the ground made me jump out of a dead sleep, and I realized what I had done.

    "God damn it, that's the third time this week!" I groaned as I threw my face into a nearby pillow, anger prickling at my mind.

    I always had a bad habit of breaking stuff in my sleep. It was like my body's own self-defense system that tried to keep me from waking up, but it always resulted in me either waking up or totally destroying something.

    At least I remembered to actually set my alarm for this morning.

I rolled over onto my back and looked up at the ceiling, rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes as I did so. I had decorated the ceiling of my apartment with blue, glow-in-the-dark stars. You could say it looked kind of childish, but I liked it, and that was all that mattered.

"I haven't even been here for a month, and it seems like all my dreams have come true," I yawned as I stared at my little sky of stars, a feeling of completeness washing over me.

So many things had happened since my race with Heath the previous week.

Hônan Stride was now a functioning club; we had enough members, and we had already started daily training. The old advisor/coach of the club had made a reappearance and decided that he wanted to manage the team once again.

His name was Dan-sensei, and I thought he was a pretty cool dude.

Nana and I now hung out on a daily basis, and she would occasionally come over to my apartment for dinner after practice. I'd cook for her, and she would ask me questions about my life back in America.

    I would say we were best friends by then, just as I had wanted.

    She was getting better each and every day at relationing, and her timings were damn near close to perfection with the help of Fujiwara.

Fujiwara still occasionally tried to feel up my legs while I wasn't paying attention during practice, and I got into the habit of karate-chopping him over the head whenever he tried.

    Riku still sat next to me in the back of the classroom, and we continued our tradition of nearly being late every morning, only without the whole 'rolling into a tree' thing. Our teacher didn't mind our sudden entrances, and our classmates were starting to get used to our outrageousness.

    Heath and I had developed a mutual respect for each other. He saw me as a honest runner, and I saw him as my pesky, attractive upperclassmen.

    I discovered that I shared a lot of common interests with Kohinata, and we started talking more. He'd sometimes show me around town after practice to help me get more familiar with the area. He also pinned out certain places where I could practice my parkour, and even taught me a few of his tricks for gimmicks.

    After winning that race against Heath and Kohinata, my popularity at Hônan skyrocketed, and I could never find time to myself at school. My fellow classmates would constantly approach me to ask questions about my relationships with the Stride members, and I'd answer most of them honestly.

    "Are you dating any of them?"

    "No."

    "If you could date any of them, who would you choose?"