19 | Piercings

| {Kyouko's P.O.V.} |

Heaving a heavy yawn, my droopy eyes quickly skimmed over the words inked to the pages of the book I had grabbed just moments before exiting my apartment.

I was running late, but I wanted to bring something along that would help cure me of my usual boredom when traveling on the train with the Stride team for our official competitions.

The first thing that caught my attention while I was mid-stepping out the front door was my bookshelf, so that became the initial solution to my problem.

'I'll just re-read one of my books from America!' I thought.

Of course I didn't have enough time to properly find a novel that I honestly felt like reading because I was in a rush, so I just snatched a book at random.

Once I was on the train and finally got to take a good look at what I had grabbed, I was really happy with my coincidental success.

It was a romantic novel.

And not just any romantic novel. It was my all-time favorite one that I had been reading ever since my first-year in middle school.

    The book was a twisted rendition of Shakespeare's play 'Twelfth Night' that revolved around a teenage girl who had supposedly lost her twin brother to a house fire. The fire destroyed everything of hers, including the one family member she had been relying on for most of her life.

    With nowhere else to go, she went to stay with an old friend that lived nearby.

    He was a very kind and gentle boy, and she almost instantly fell in love with him.

But there was a minor issue at hand. He was in love with another girl that went to their high school. A very beautiful and graceful girl.

    As the novel progresses more love triangles, mixed identities, and surprise appearances rise from the shadows of the pages and you find yourself falling deeper into the story.

    Of course the ending was a happy one.

    The girl's twin brother didn't actually die in the fire, and he was reunited with his sister. The boy the girl had been staying with discovered that his previous love had been a flimsy one based off of appearances, and he returned the girl's feelings.

    Everyone found a proper love to pursue and all the voids were filled.

    I was such a sucker for happy endings.

    They always left this warm and fulfilling feeling in my chest unlike sad endings which made me want to hunt the author down and ask them 'Why did you do this me?!' with crocodile tears pooling down my face.

    But it wasn't like I'd actually do something like that...

    Anyways~

The story was really great, but despite all of my love for such a lovely piece of literature, I was having a hard time enjoying it whilst riding on the train that day.

Why?

Because I'm experiencing my first hangover.

    Me, a sixteen year old female athlete that was still in her first-year of high school, had a freaking hangover and there was only one person to blame for it.