8 | Saisei Boys

| {Kyouko's P.O.V.} |

Reiji Suwa.

The captain of Saisei's Stride team.

    Crap.

    I had fallen on top of Heath in the middle of the hallway on our way to the restrooms, and we landed in a very awkward way. Of course, Suwa showed up at the perfect time to witness our intimate moment.

"Umm, this isn't what it looks like," I tried to convince Suwa as I quickly pulled myself away from Heath's body in a flustered hurry, still trying to rid my mind of what had just happened.

I probably look like such an idiot right now~

"The look on Heath's face tells me otherwise," he chuckled slightly as he gestured to the smiling third-year that was still strewn across the floor. He looked entertained by my actions.

"I accidentally fell on him, and he's just an idiot, so please disregard what you just saw," I asked Suwa pathetically as I grabbed my temple in disbelief, my anger at Heath building up once again.

"I know. It probably was an accident, I was just teasing you. Sorry for not introducing myself right away, I'm Reiji Suwa," he smiled charmingly, his dark-purple hair swaying from side to side as he spoke.

Well, at least he's polite.

I could hear the sound of Heath picking himself off of the floor as I stared at Suwa, impressed by the way he carried himself. He came off as a very nice guy, but there was something about him that made me feel on edge.

    He was wearing the Saisei Stride uniform, and he was already in his running flats, so I knew for a fact that he was probably getting ready for the race. When I peered into his mysterious purple eyes, I caught a glimpse of something that answered most of my previous suspicions about his persona.

    He looks intimidatingly confident.

His gaze held this unbreakable statement that told me 'I could totally destroy you if I wanted to,' and it was a rather scary sight.

As I continued to mentally size him up, I realized that I hadn't introduced myself yet, and I proceeded to do so with extreme caution.

    "I'm Kyouko Johnson, it's a pleasure to meet you. I just recently moved here from America in order to attend Hônan, so I'm rather new around here," I greeted him as I extended my hand out for a friendly handshake.

    I could hear Heath's footsteps echo off the walls as he made his way over to us. He stopped to greet Suwa once he was standing directly behind me.

    "You already know who I am, Reiji. This little shrimp right here is one of our new runners," Heath grinned as he ruffled my hair from behind, preventing Suwa from properly accepting my handshake.

    Little shrimp? How rude.

    "Oh, she's a runner? How surprising, I thought she was a relationer or something," Suwa smiled in awe, looking intrigued by the news.

I knew having a girl runner on a Stride team was rather surprising for some people, but it still made me sort of angry whenever I saw their reactions.