Lover of Mine

Hi everyone, 

I just went though and edited my chapters :)

Thanks everyone who has been reading, voting, commenting, fanning and of course recommending! I really appreciate it.

I hope you like this chapter, ENJOY!

***Xavier***

Alexis didn't want to hear it, she didn't even seem to care, 

"More excuses" she had said, and then rolled her eyes. I knew she was hurt and I knew Dimity had been moving in on mating her. Even though he hadn't found his mate he was determined to settle down and have pups. I thought he should wait, because he never knew when his true mate may come.

I remained in her room, even as she left to have a shower, I stayed, now she was resting in the bath; I knew she could sense me. 

I sat down leaning against the bathroom door. I had to try set things straight. Alexis ignored me, even as I took a deep breath. 

"I loved playing football; it was the only thing I was good at. I made friends and was popular amongst the boys. Something I wasn't when I was younger. I enjoyed the thrill of every game, the adrenaline that coursed through my veins before every training, every Saturday. I loved hearing my name being called from the stand, the girls throwing themselves at me. I was 15, turning 16, already I had experienced a large amount of responsibility. My father was getting ready to pass the pack onto me, I had too much on my plate as it was"

I placed my head in my hands. 

"It was a Saturday night, I had just finished my game of footy with the boys, I had decided to go to the lockers and get changed; I was then ambushed by a few girls, it was a struggle to get away from them but when I did I realised that the lift I was getting from a friend had already left. I was alone at the footy grounds with no way to the pack house. I rang Dad and asked him to come pick me up; of course he agreed as we had Alpha duties to speak about. I waited there until 12pm, in the distance I heard ambulances, police and more, I thought maybe my dad had gotten a call out to the boundary for a rouge situation. Only when I was finally picked up it was by my mother"

I heard nothing from the door, nothing but the slight lapping of water in the bath. I started toying with my hands and leaned my head back against the door. 

"Mum was angry at me, disappointed and silent; she wouldn't speak to me nor even look at me. When I asked her where Dad was she wouldn't answer me. I remained silent until we pulled up at home. Outside the whole pack had gathered, all had shifted into their wolves, and hung their heads down low. The children stood with their heads bowed and their hands clasped in front of them. I looked at mum and tears ran down my face. They were mourning for the Alpha.

***Flashback***

"Mum what happened?" I begged, pleading with her to look at me, to answer me, 

She just ignored me and stepped out of the car while I followed, screaming and yelling; I wanted to know why she wouldn't speak to me. 

She walked to the end of the line of wolves and shifted, bowing her head she growled at me, I didn't know what to do and so I ran into the pack house and down to the infirmary. There I found the pack doctor preparing a body for the burial. 

When I looked at who it was I realised it was my father, 

"How?" I asked the doctor sobbing,