Sorrow

...Xavier...

I knew Kristov had marked Alexis, and I knew there was not much I could do about it. My search and rescue efforts were useless and I was beginning to feel my own wolf deteriorate.

I sighed as I ran through the woods to the West of our border, searching for Alexis's scent, 

30 other wolves were searching with me while the rest of the fighters of the pack remained at the pack house ready to go to war.

We had lost 47 wolves in the battle against Kristov, the remaining 62 were from Kristov's pack. I was greatful we hadn't lost that many people but grieved at the loss all the same.

My neck hurt from where Alexis had marked me, the throbbing reminding me that a bond no longer stood between us. When she had been marked I had fallen to the floor in complete agony. I couldn't move and my wolf was in so much pain I felt like I was being ripped in two.

I started to pick up a weak scent of someone who was not from our pack, I howled letting the other wolves know that I had picked up something.

...Alexis...

I was beginning to grow so weak I couldn't move, not being with my mate made it hard on me and my wolf. Each morning I was sick and and throwing up, it didn't help that I was living in a cold basement and given terrible food. 

I only had a week left until Kristov would come down to mate with me, and the thought of it was beginning to make me sick and disgusted. 

I looked up to the window, wishing that I would see Xavier looking back down at me. I sighed; tears falling down my cheeks. I rolled onto my side and fell alseep, not noticing the commotion outside or the howling of wolves.

***

...Xavier...

I had found her, I had found Alexis, I ran for the small cottage that was concealed in the trees, I was in my wolf form and he was ready to taste blood. My paws hit the grassy floor of the woods, I howled as I grew closer, noticing the enemy wolves were charging for me and my men. I didn't care as I felt Alexis close to me and knew she was in danger.

My teeth closed around the rouges necks as I slaughtered those in my way; these people took my mate and my wolf was angry, he needed revenge, he needed to know she was okay.

I didn't realize what my wolf was doing until I realized that I was ontop of Kristov's human form, growling down at him. I must have made it inside; I looked up to see all my men killing anyone they could; another war outside the house. Fortunately Kristov's men had not seen us nor heard us coming.

I quickly looked back at Kristov, and with one quick movement, locked my jaw around his throat, ripping his flesh with my teeth. I knew he was dead the minute I heard his heart stop beating, yet my wolf was not satisfied, I tore the house apart, looking for Alexis, begging she was ok.

...Alexis...

I was laying in the bed, cold and in my torn clothes, I could hear someone rushing down to the basement and knew it was Kristov coming to kill me.

I clenched my eyes shut, refusing to open them, when a soft hand touched my cheek I still didn't look up.

"Alexis, baby"

Shocked, my eyes flew open,

"Xavier" I sighed, relieved and worried, he had scratches all over his body yet he smiled down at me gently,

"Come on, lets get you home" Swiftly Xavier broke the chain around my neck and picked me up in his arms, carrying me up the stairs and out into the night. I fell asleep, grateful my mate had saved me.

*******

I had finished my last few visits in the infirmary at the pack house since I had been rescued by Xavier; I was given the A - OK from the doctor and told I could be on my way as long as I ate healthily and exercised regularly. I had been malnourished by my captor and had suffered as a result of being marked by someone who was not my mate.

Xavier had marked me the minute I awoke in the hospital bed; my wolf returning hazily to me. I had regained my strength in the last week and was quite pleased with my own progress. That and I had some wonderful news for Xavier.

I walked up the stairs from Xavier's bedroom, making my way to his office. Since Kristov had captured me I was given 24/7 bodyguards, the first two were Daniel and Miles; two boys who had not yet found their mates but were warriors. They had only just reached the end of their training and were wonderful characters, while Miles was the sweet caring one, Daniel was the hard and quiet one. Miles always made sure to talk to me and Daniel said little words.

The other two enforcers who were with me in the night were Claise and Delroy, these two boys only had to look after me from 6PM until Xavier finished his duties and then they were off to their mates.

I smiled to myself as the boys followed me down the hall, quiet and cautious.

"I'm glad to hear you have the all clear" Daniel smiled, I turned, shocked at his words,

"Thank you" I smiled warmly at him, "I'm pleased that my wolf has awoken from her pain"

"It's quite a blessing isn't it?" Daniel mused, "I can't wait to mark my mate" Daniel had said the most words I had ever heard him say,

"I'm sure she will be a very lucky girl Warrior Daniel"

"Thank you Luna" Daniel smiled at me happily, and I found myself growing stronger with the pack and their trust.

I made it to Xavier's office quickly and knocked on the door,

"Yes?" Xavier called,

I opened the door and stepped in, the boys waiting outside.

"I have some news, private news"

Xavier nodded and motioned for me to close the door. I did as asked and came over to sit on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"What is this news?" Xavier grinned at me, kissing my mark,

"The doctor gave me the all clear" I smiled, looking down at him,

Xavier beamed up at me and hugged me to him,

"That and something else"

Xavier raised an eyebrow,

"You're going to be a Dad" I grinned, placing Xavier's hand over my belly,

*****