Hey guys! I'm trying to update every Thursday so if I don't, that means I probably have writers block, or I'm just busy. So sorry if it's still sucky, it's going to get better. Thanks for reading!

-

"How much farther is it?" I asked my dad as he drives me and my older brother to my somewhat new, temporary home. Were now in the forest after a twenty minute drive and we're still not there. "Just a few more minutes," My dad told me. "Just remember, if you ever need me, I'll use my powers and be here in less than five minutes." Nat reassured. I nodded, anxiously bouncing my right leg up and down. My brother leans forward, putting his head between the front two seats. "So, let's quickly go over what you need to do first." He said. Nat is like another parent, but yet like my best friend. He's only four years older than me, and I still look up to him. Just like Alex looks up to me but he's 11 years younger than me. We quickly go over what I have to do. I have to first get everything settled, then tomorrow go to the high school to ask the principal how the human school system works, then on monday night go to the Wolf's Den to talk to my aunt. "we're here," My dad said as he pulled into the driveway. The house was actually pretty big, it was two stories and it had a connecting garage. The house was mostly white on the front, and it looked like a regular home. "It's already furnished, but there aren't any couches, so when you earn enough money, you can buy one." My dad told me. " How do you know that?" I asked him curiously, "Who do you think owned this house before you?" He answered with a question.  So he owned this house when he was younger?

Finally we began to get out of the car, and I grabbed two of my bags. My brother grabbed three and my dad grabbed the last one. "The house is pretty old, so you might need to clean it up a little bit," My dad said as he unlocked the door and walked in. Cleaning it up a bit was an understatement. There was dust, cobwebs, dirt, and so much more. What did my dad do to this house when he was younger?  I put my shirt over my nose as I walked in. Something really smells bad in here, and I do not want to inhale all this dust. It would probably ruin my sense of smell, and that wouldn't be good because one of my powers besides speed is a greater sense of smell to track things. I have other powers too, but I'm not going to say them all now. "When was the last time you were here?" My brother said, his shirt above his nose too. "Probably about 20 years, you were born when you're mother and I lived here" he answered as he put down one of my bags. He then went to  a light switch and flicked it up, but nothing happened. "I guess the house needs new lightbulbs too." He said. The next few minutes is just of us going through the house trying to find the different rooms with working lights, and only one of the two bathrooms had working lights, my bedroom, the kitchen and basement. "You brought your money right?" Nat asked me, pretty sure that I'll need it to fix up the house. "Um," I trailed off as I started patting my jean pockets to find my wallet. I felt it in my right back pocket and opened the wallet. " Yeah I have it" "Good, because you're not allowed back to go get it, and we aren't allowed to bring you anything that could help you." my dad began "The Order set rules, and we don't want to break them. Because if we did, it wouldn't be pretty," I nodded. The order are the leaders of our pack, and they are very strict. "We have to go," Nathanael said to dad and he nodded. "Goodbye Maxine, be careful, and stay safe," my dad said and gave me a tight hug. He kissed the top of my head before he let go. My brother didn't just hug me when he told me goodbye, he picked me up over his shoulder and he held onto my legs so I didn't fall face first into the carpet floor. I hit my hands on the back of his leg, "Nat, put me down!" I said in between laughs. A few seconds later he put me back on my feet. He grinned at me, "You're lucky I didn't drop you," he said and I nodded, "I know, Goodbye dork,"  I said and hugged him. He hugged me back and rubbed his knuckles into the top of my head. "Goodbye, loser," Nathaniel said and gave me a tight hug. "By the way, I found cleaning supplies in the closet by the bathroom," He gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Call me if you need me," he repeated as he let go. " Don't worry, I even have you on speed dial." He nodded and started walking to the door with my dad, "Don't forget, I told Alex that I was going on vacation, so he doesn't know that I got temporarily banished," They nodded, "We have to leave, we'll miss you." My dad said as they left. "So I was born here?" my brother said as they shut the door. They used their speed and left the car, knowing I'd need it. I go to the closet Nathaniel told me that had the cleaning supplies, and I see different sprays, polishes, and rags. I get a duster and begin cleaning up all the dust and cobwebs I see.

The next three hours consists of me cleaning, complaining to myself, and blasting music from my phone. Finally, the house is at a decent amount of cleanliness. I look at the time on my phone, and it's 6:47. I decide I should go into town to look around and maybe get something to eat. I leave the house, making sure I brought the keys, phone, earbuds, and money, and start walking to town. The walk should be about five minutes, but if I feel like it's too long, I'll use my powers. As I walk, I put in my earbuds and listen to my music.

-

-

Thanks for reading guys, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!