Plane ride

Author’s Note: This is my story. I own all the rights.

Nocturnal

Chapter 1

(Plane ride)

Thunder rolled through the air as a very irritated Nikita stomped up the stairs of the council private jet. Her blue eyes glaring at everything and anything she passed. She entered the jet and turned to look down the aisle way where others were already seated. Frustrated she dropped her duffle bag and looked angrily at the planes other occupants.

“Will someone please tell me why the hell I’m going?!” The blonde woman with two wide purple streaks on either side of her blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail demanded. “I don’t babysit new recruits!” She announced not hiding her annoyance.

Nikita looked the plane over and while she saw several concerned and even scared voices no one offered any form of explanation.

“Someone better give me one hell of a good reason why I’m going or the only thing I’m going to do is sit on my ass when we get there!” She warned. “Who the hell is this kid?” Nikita demanded.

“My son.”

Nikita froze. Very slowly she turned completely around to see Edward standing directly behind her. “You’re son?”

“Yes,” he said softly.

Nikita looked into the Brown haired man’s eyes and saw far more than anyone else on the plane would. They would see calmness and concern. Nikita however saw worry and even fear. Two things she never liked to see in Edward’s brown eyes. If he was scared then things were a hell of a lot worse than anyone knew.

The blonde woman reached down and picked up her pink leopard backpack. “I call shot gun when we get there.” Turning around she walked down the aisle and took a seat on her left next to a window a few rows away from anyone else.

Edward internally gave a sigh of relief. He had requested Nikita but knew if the girl refused there would be nothing he could do about it. Nikita wasn’t the run of the mill slayer. She was who the other’s looked up to and respected. When Nikita opened her mouth even the council shut up to listen. She was the one they sent when things were dire. When there was little to no hope it was Nikita that would save the day.

The tall dark bearded man walked down the aisle and sat down toward the back of the plane. He glanced over at the council’s champion who now had her MP3 player out waiting for clearance to use it.

Nikita was one of only a few slayers that could actually turn down an assignment. She was that good. He wasn’t actually surprised by what she said. In truth he had expected to have to call the girl from the plane and beg her to show up. The young woman never went to get new recruits. She intimidated most slayers and terrified new recruits. Nikita was good but she had an attitude and a temper. Still he knew she could insure his son survived the mess he was currently in. A mess he blamed partly on himself.

It was only a few minutes and the door to the plane closed. Twenty minutes later they were airborne.

**

“Sir?” Edward looked up from his paperwork to see Raven looking down at him.

“Yes Raven?” He asked. Seeing the dark haired girl look uncomfortable he gestured for her to sit. She didn’t hesitate and sat down. “What is it?”

“Sir…it’s just…Nikita…”

“I requested her presence,” He replied.

“Are things abnormal from…”