It's Tense and Information

Chapter 3

(It's Tense and Information)

Naveed sighed as he looked around at his dead minions. He’d known his minions had the human boy they sought and his friends cornered and had come expecting to eliminate the threat to the Lord Oren’s plans. Instead he’d found his minions dead the doors wide open and broken the humans had been cornered into and no humans.

Naveed entered the room and scanned the area. The Master vampire let out a low growl at what his senses picked up. It wasn’t his sight that disturbed him it was his smell. “Nikita,” He said angrily. His black eyes shifted toward the fledglings that had been with him.

“What have you done?!” He snarled at them.

“Master we have only…”

“Silence!” Naveed yelled at the pale blonde haired female vampire. “They don’t send Nikita to get a recruit! Something one of you did caused them to send her!” He watched as a couple of vampires glanced at each other toward the back of the group but remained silent. Naveed saw it and was instantly before them.

The master grabbed both vampires and lifted them into the air by their throat. “What did you do?” Scared neither vampire answered. “Answer me!” He snarled becoming angrier.

“We killed a couple watchers and…”

“There were more than the one?” Naveed said surprised looking at the black haired vampire he held in his left hand.

“A slayer as well,” The other vampire the master held admitted.

Angry the Master through both vampires to the inside of the once blockaded room. “You killed three watchers and a slayer?!”

“Two slayers,” another admitted. The vampire swallowed hard and fell silent as the master’s red hair seemed to turn a deeper red in anger. “It was before we knew of the boy,” The blonde vampire replied.

“Three watchers and two slayers. Yes that would bring Nikita!” The Master yelled angrily. “Lord Oren will not be pleased.” The master vampire frowned. The last thing he wanted to do was tell the Lord his minions had screwed up and Nikita had saved the boy he wanted. “We return to the Manner.” The Master looked his dead minions over one more time. ‘Of all the slayers why the hell did it have to be Nikita?!’ Turning, he angrily headed back to his estate. As much as he didn’t want to he’d have to inform Lord Oren of his minions’ costly mistakes.

**

The slayers boarded the plane in silence. Nikita hadn’t spoken since she ordered everyone into the two vehicles and it was making everyone on edge. Even Edward was unsettled by the blonde woman’s anger.

Nikita stayed at the top of the boarding stairs and waited. Her eyes were on Drew.

“Should I be concerned?” Drew asked Beverly seeing the blonde woman watching him.

“You’re her mission Drew,” Beverly replied. “She won’t board till you’re on the plane.” Drew nodded and walked up the stairs; his mother right behind him.

Nikita waited till he was on board not giving either of them a friendly look. Once they were on board she looked at the teens coming friends and then rolling her eyes boarded the plane.

“Can I just stay here? She scares me,” Macey said.

“Good then do what she says and you’ll live,” Sean said moving past her with Jack as they took Ben onto the plane.