Teach her Part 5

Nikita wanted to bang her head on the table as she listened to Edward, Harold, Violina and Hutch argue about a breach in protocol by an instructor and whether or not the instructor should be dismissed. Finally she'd had enough. Nikita let out a whistle that silenced the room and caused everyone to look her direction. "Why am I here?" She asked bluntly looking between the four of them. "I have better things to do. I'm sure everyone else does as well."

"Thank you Nikita," Michigan said not hiding his annoyance. "The instructor can be dealt with later. It sounds like we could have a bigger problem. What do we know?"

"Not a lot at this time," Edward admitted. "Drew overheard something with regard to Gargoyles and bringing them out of their dormant state. Another slayer is gathering some information now but we are waiting."

"What is that racket?" Hutch said and walking over through open the door. "What is going on?"

"We have a slayer refusing to follow protocol!" the receptionist replied openly frustrated. "This girl says she has a report for Nikita but won't hand it over!"

"I was told to give it to Nikita and no one else!" Raven said firmly.

"Just give it to me," Hutch said.

"Sorry sir but you aren't Nikita," Raven said steadfast.

"Girl I am..."

"Raven," Nikita called. Hutch looked back at the renowned slayer. "She comes in or I go out." Hutch didn't argue and stepped back gesturing for Raven to enter the room. Nikita watched as the dark haired girl entered the room with a file in her hand. "Is that everything?" Nikita asked.

"Yes ma'am," Raven replied. "I was able to access a copy of my sister's report as well." Nikita held out her hand and she quickly approached the high ranking slayer and handed her the report.

"Sit," Nikita said and gestured to an empty chair against the wall. Nikita knew the girl would have left but wanted her to remain. Raven didn't argue and quietly sat down and awaited instructions. Nikita opened the file and began looking things over. She caught the looks toward each other but ignored them.

"This the woman?" Nikita asked and held up a picture?"

"Yes. I found her current place of residence and put it on the back of the file," Raven told her. She watched the blonde woman nod and then return to looking over the information.

Nikita was quiet for a few more minutes before closing the file to look at her. "Your handwriting could use some work but I can read it. If you think of anything else let me know."

"Yes ma'am." Raven got up from her seat and started to leave.

"Raven?" She stopped and looked at Nikita. "Nicely done. Most would have dropped the file and run." Raven smiled at her and then left the room.

"You tested her," Violina said realizing. "You were seeing how she'd react."

"She can't throw a stake to save her life according to Hudson," Hutch said.

"No, she can't," Nikita agreed. "Raven didn't freeze on the battleground though either. She also is a very good shot with a crossbow."

"Her grades are good," Harold said having accessed them on his laptop. "Looks like a request was made for her to get some help. Hudson didn't make this request. He wouldn't take the time."

"Could've been another instructor that knew she was struggling," Edward remarked. Nikita shrugged not admitting or denying anything. Edward was suspicious but said nothing.