The Compound Part 4

Chapter 4

(The Compound)

It was early in the morning when Edward walked down the staircase leaving the plane. The sun wouldn't rise for at least another five hours. His eyes scanned the area but there were no signs of danger. Well not beyond Nikita anyway. It took effort for the man not to smirk at seeing Nikita in the front passenger side of the waiting 15 passenger van. The girl had been up and off the plane before the staircase had even been completely secured.

Nikita watched as Jack and Sean brought Ben down the stairs to the plane. Ben was doing alright but he was still in pain and his leg still needed to be tended to by a doctor. Watching the man wince at his leg moving it quickly became evident that he needed to keep his leg straight as much as possible. Ben wouldn't be able to keep his leg stretched out in the back of the van.

Grudgingly the woman got out of the van's passenger seat. She grabbed her backpack and set it to the side ensuring the van passenger door remained open and clear. Nikita watched as the trio approached. An amused smile crossed her face knowing the three men were actually going to try and put Ben into the back of the van. In an instant she made her face go neutral. "Put Ben in the front."

"There's only one van," Ben said a little concerned.

"Your point?" Nikita stated. She watched as the three men glanced at each other trying to decide how to respond.

"Well, they're scared of you," Sean said carefully. The last thing he wanted to do was upset or possibly offend the temperamental slayer.

"Good," she replied sounding almost pleasant. "Now put him in," Nikita directed. The three men glanced at each other but didn't argue choosing to do as she said and put Ben upfront. The Once Ben was settled the two men climbed into the back of the van.

"Do you want to drive?" Chuck asked.

"No, you drive," she told him. Chuck nodded and walking around to the other side of the vehicle he climbed into the drivers seat.

The blonde woman looked over at Drew and his friends. She could still see fear in the eyes of Drew's friends. They were clearly still very afraid of her. "Get in." Her voice wasn't angry as she spoke to them. It was a firm direction but not harsh. Without a word everyone else quickly climbed into the van and took a seat. Once everyone was in Nikita climbed in claiming the seat next to the door and pulled the door closed. In silence Chuck began making his way toward the compound.

It was still dark out when the 15 passenger van Chuck was driving pulled up to the entrance of the compound. Two large rod iron gates ordained with an intricate ivy and thorn design running through it. The gates opened before them and the van pulled through the gates and made its way down the roadway towards the entrance of the main building.

The van barely came to a halt and Nikita opened the van's door and vacated the vehicle; leaving the door open.

"I'm done, mission accomplished," Nikita said and walked away.

"Mission?" Torence asked.

"Drew is at the compound. You probably won't see Nikita again for a while," Beverly informed the group. "If you do it will be at a distance." The group nodded but Beverly noted Macey looked genuinely relieved.

"Edward."

"Harold," Edward said getting out to see him. The group watched as Drew's father shook hands with the red haired man. "My son Drew, his friends, and Janna," Edward said introducing everyone.

Harold nodded. "Rooms have been seen to for all of you," Harold told the group. "The doctor is waiting to see Ben." Jack and Sean nodded and began helping their injured friend make his way to the hospital building. Howard looked right and then left. "I take it Nikita took off."