Pink? > chapter two

He glances over at me and smiles.

No way.

"You live here?" I question, in shock.

"Yes. Why do you ask?" He glares at his apartment proudly.

"Quit playing. These bags are hurting my arm." I begin to walk away but he grabs my hand.

I peer down to our now locked hands, before shaking him off and looking back up to his face.

"This is my house." He says.

Silence. Utter silence, apart from the buzzing from the street light.

That is until I burst out in laughter. He furrows his eyebrows and walks up to the door. He pulls out a matching pink key and shoves it into the lock and walks in leaving me gasping for air on the sidewalk. I pick up the garbage bags I had previously dropped on the ground and make my way into the apartment.

The inside was very empty, apart from a drum set and a million shattered pieces of drum sticks scattered on the hardwood floors.  The walls are painted white, and a black leather couch sat in the middle of the room. A large flat screen tv is anchored onto the wall. No pictures. Nothing.

"Pink?" I question as he sets my bags down next to the couch.

"Let me explain, and elderly woman lived here before me. She loved the color pink, and I never got around to asking the landlord to paint it." He plops down on the couch and flicks the tv on.

"Oh." I sit down on the other side of the couch and look to see what's on.

1000 ways to die, nice.

I look over at Josh who is picking at his thumb nail, he looks at me and I quickly turn my head back to the tv. suddenly the phone rings and he jolts up, running to the kitchen.

I hear him talk but it's barley audible.

"Hey honey."

He pauses.

"Yeah."

"I know, it's four O'clock in the morning."

"I went on a walk because I couldn't sleep."

"I'm not cheating on you, you always jump to conclusions."

"Love you, bye."

Before I know it he's pulling me and my belongings into a small closet.

"What are you doing?!" I ask as he shoves my garbage bags on top of me.

"She's going to be here any minute now! She can't know your here, she already thinks I'm cheating on her."

The doorbell rings.

He slams the door, "don't make a peep."

Ok.

I hear the front door creak open and close.

"Hi sweetie!" A high pitched female voice greets.

"Hey." Josh blankly says back.

They stay silent.

"Don't be mad, I'm only worried." She says

"I am upset, you don't have any faith in me. I'm not hiding a-anything from you." He chokes up.

Do I count? because I'm almost positive she doesn't know I'm sitting in the closet floor with garbage bags smothering me.

"Ok, I just can't help it. I'm sorry." She apologizes, yet I suspect she's not very sincere due to the tone of her voice.

"It's ok." Josh grumbles back.

And like always, my greatest hide-and-seek downfall comes barreling at me like a semi.

I have to pee.

My foot twitches. In a rush I clench my stomach in hopes that the pee will vanish, but it only makes it worse.

"You need to go see a doctor if you can't sleep." She mumbles.

I begin shaking my leg, if he doesn't hurry I'm going to explode.

"No, I'm fine."

And in that moment, I do exactly what I was told not to do.

I squeak.

__________________________________________

This is me telling you I'm officially starting this book, unlike human I won't be making the chapters 1000-1500 words long. I know everyone loves long chapters, but i can't write them with my school schedule, hopefully after school lets out I will make my chapters longer. I will try to update every other day, so pleaseeee add this to your library <3