Are you hungry? > Chapter six

Joshes pov

She closes the door behind her and searches for what I'm guessing is my car.

A minute passes and she is still standing on the sidewalk. I roll down the window, "hurry up Elly, were not taking a taxi!"

Her face goes from boredom to regret.

I have to be mean and distant.

She can't like me, even more, I can't like her. The more she dislikes me the faster she'll try to get a job.

She hesitantly opened the door and slides into her seat.

"Nice van." She uncomfortably laughs.

"Thanks, it's the old tour bus."

Her eyes light up.

"Tour bus?" She asks as she buckles in her seat belt.

"Yeah. " I start the engine and pull into the traffic.

She'll figure out soon enough, i don't want her to treat me differently. That's what always happens. I think she realizes I'm being distant so she turns herself to the window.

I turn on the radio and guess what's on?

Stressed out.

The thought of the song stresses me out. Don't get me wrong. Its sick that we have a song on the radio, but it is so overrated. That's not even our best song on the album, of course the judge is.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Elly bobbing her head and mumbling the lyrics. I chuckle at the fact that she doesn't even know.

"What?" She rolls her eyes.

"Nothing, do you like this song?"

She turns to face me.

"It's only mediocre."

My mind goes blank. What? How dare she say it's only mediocre. I just focus on the road.

"You seem upset, should I have said its my favorite song in the world and lie?" She questions.

"Yes." I pull my lips into a pout.

She giggles.

"Sheesh, what's so important about this song anyways?"

"Nothing really. Where do you want to eat?" I change subjects.

"It doesn't matter to me, your buying so you choose."

"Taco Bell?"

She just smiles and nods her head.

We drive in silence with nothing but various music playing in the background until I spot the pink bell standing proudly in the wind.

I pull in and park next to the door.

"Who ever is last to the door is a rotten egg!" Without warning she hops out and slams the door.

It takes a moment for what she said to process, by that time she was already at the door.

I get out, lock the door and make my way to Elly.

"You didn't even try!" She groans.

"Maybe next time." I run my hand through my hair and push open the door.

The people inside just gauk at us. Hopefully the media doesn't show up while I'm shoving a taco down my throat. It's gotten worse, The attention. I mean it's all I've ever wanted but I'm starting to want to go back to our small town concerts where twenty something people showed up and we had more interaction with the fans.

I usually do drive through but i figured I could go in for once.

"What do you want?" I glance over to Elly who is concentrating on the menu.

"Hmm, let's see." She taps her index finger on her chin.

"I'll take two Doritos loco tacos, one fiesta bowl, one soft taco, and a Baja blast slushy."

Dang. She can eat.

"Are you hungry?" I laugh.

"Oh yeah and an order of the twisty cinnamon things." She says smiling in my direction.

I'll take that as a yes.

_____________________________

Honestly Elly is me, but I like soft tacos better than crunchy because crunchy are too messy.

Annnnyways, comment/vote/follow if you can.